Thoughts on Britt as a first name?

In one of my favorite books the main character is named [name_u]Britt[/name_u] & I ever since I’ve thought it was cute for a girl. [name_m]Just[/name_m] curious if you think it’s too nick-namey to use for a full name? I don’t like [name_f]Brittany[/name_f] enough to ever use. What are your thoughts?

Although not my taste, i do prefer [name_u]Britt[/name_u] to [name_f]Britney[/name_f]/Brittany. It reminds me of bond girl [name_u]Britt[/name_u] Ekland. Not as overused or common as [name_f]Brittany[/name_f] which is a favorable thing!

Britt can definitely work on its own

1 Like

Britt isn’t really my personal style, as I think it has a very 90s feel to it. I think people would constantly assume it was a nn for [name_f]Brittany[/name_f] / [name_f]Britney[/name_f] etc which would be annoying especially as I don’t really like those full names. That being said it fits in with short, gender-neutral sounding names that are becoming more popular and I think [name_u]Britt[/name_u] would fit in nicely with [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] and [name_f]Brie[/name_f] etc. It’s a nice sweet name in general and would pair nicely with a longer, more classic middle name in my opinion :))

I know a [name_u]Britt[/name_u] in her late 30s. She is Swedish-American in heritage and I think that’s why her parents chose it.

I quite like the name, but I like pretty much any form of [name_f]Brigid[/name_f].

I agree.

I think [name_u]Britt[/name_u] is cute! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite full name is [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] but I think it works well on its own too.

It sounds too much like a nickname to me. What about [name_f]Britta[/name_f]?

I love [name_u]Britt[/name_u]! Especially as a nn to [name_f]Britta[/name_f]!

I think [name_u]Britt[/name_u] is cute. (Much better than [name_f]Britney[/name_f] and I don’tcare for [name_f]Britta[/name_f].) I like [name_u]Brinn[/name_u]/Brynn, [name_m]Breck[/name_m], [name_f]Brenn[/name_f], and [name_u]Beck[/name_u], too.

1 Like

It makes me think of the singer [name_u]Britt[/name_u] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]. I think it could be used as a full name.

I like it as a full name but it could also be a nickname for [name_u]Bristol[/name_u]?

NN not FN.

1 Like

I was obsessed with the name [name_f]Britta[/name_f] back in oh 1982. Then [name_f]Brittany[/name_f] happened. But I STILL love the simplicity of [name_f]Britta[/name_f] and imo [name_u]Britt[/name_u] is even better.

I actually know someone named just [name_u]Britt[/name_u], so it’s not weird to me. I think it works!

I love [name_u]Britt[/name_u]! I think it makes an amazing first name. I do also like [name_f]Brittany[/name_f] and [name_f]Britta[/name_f] with the nickname [name_u]Britt[/name_u], but I think it stands well on its own as well.

How about [name_u]Britton[/name_u]?

1 Like

Britt is kind of funky on it’s own. I like it. I think I’ve read a book where the main character was called [name_u]Britt[/name_u] so it works for me

As a British person I find it too connected to the reference to nationality to see it as a standalone name - I just hear [name_u]Britt[/name_u] Whatever as being a reference to Whatever being British! But outside the UK it may be more wearable.

I do find the [name_u]Britt[/name_u] - [name_m]Britain[/name_m] connection pretty strong, but I’ve known a couple of Britts and think it’s a really fun, spunky name!

Love the suggestions of [name_f]Britta[/name_f] and [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] for full name options.