Thoughts on Caledon?

What do you think about [name_m]Caledon[/name_m]? I have loved this name for a long time but am curious what others think. Couldn’t find any other posts about it specifically. I’ve considered using it as a way to honor my husband (Scott) since both names mean [name_u]Scotland[/name_u].

2 Likes

I really like it!

I like it a lot! What a cool way to honor someone.

I think it sounds really cool! I’ve never seen it before but I like it a lot. [name_u]Cal[/name_u] would be a great nickname!

I like the spelling, but am not sure how it’s pronounced (which is purely just me not being able to read properly).

[name_m]Caledon[/name_m] is stunning!! Rugged and interesting

Looks cool. I don’t actually know how to say it, however and it sounds like a dinosaur maybe… [name_f]Do[/name_f] you say it Cal-uh-don?

I think it is like Cal-eh-din but if it was a “don” ending I agree it would be a little dinosaur-esque :joy:

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

[name_m]Caledon[/name_m] is adorable and adventurous :bug:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! Cool and creative way to honor [name_u]Scott[/name_u]. Nickname [name_u]Cal[/name_u] makes it very wearable for a little kid (and easy when they learn to write their names!)

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is [name_f]Caledonia[/name_f] (nickname Callie) , so I instinctively pronounce it Cal-uh-don. With the popularity of [name_m]Kale[/name_m] (in all its spellings) as a boys name, you might have some people pronounce it Cale-don, but that should be easy to correct.

1 Like