Thoughts on Cerys?

Loving [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] lately :sparkles: I was born in [name_m]Wales[/name_m] and lived there for a few years but my family are not welsh. I live in the states now and wonder if it’s appropriate to use the name outside of Wales/UK. Some popular welsh names I can think of are [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_f]Megan[/name_f], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], could [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] work too?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m also not Welsh (nor born in Wales), so perhaps my take is not the strongest, but I definitely wouldn’t assume that a girl called [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] was certainly Welsh! Like you said, many Welsh names are quite popularised. It wouldn’t be necessarily head-turning to hear of a girl called [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] whose family isn’t Welsh blood.

I think [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] is such a gorgeous name! I adore it! I personally prefer the look of the [name_f]Carys[/name_f] and [name_f]Caris[/name_f] spellings, but they’re all darling. Such a sweet, fierce, yet warm name. Sounds like a name for a bold, sweet girl!

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Cerys[/name_f]. It doesn’t immediately strike me as Welsh. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name tbh

1 Like

[name_f]Cerys[/name_f] is on my list! I don’t see why it can’t be used in the states

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] is pretty straightforward! It’s lovely and had a wonderful meaning

1 Like

I love [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] and love the spelling, but actual pronunciation might be too confusing, you’ll constantly have to correct people it’s pronounced [name_f]Keris[/name_f], not Seris.

1 Like

It’s fine. [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] is sweet.

1 Like

[name_f]Cerys[/name_f] is lovely! I live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and know a handful, none have had issues with pronunciations.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Cerys[/name_f], it’s on my list. I’m in the UK though! I don’t think pronunciation will be an issue, it’s pretty straightforward. And I think it’s more than usable for you.

1 Like

[name_f]Cerys[/name_f] seems like a perfectly usable name to me - though I am Welsh. It’s a pretty name. I do have a slight preference for [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] over [name_f]Carys[/name_f], but though I should put the latter out there for you to consider, since they are very similar.

1 Like

I think it’s a beautiful name. I am also in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] , and don’t think it’s a problem , but a beautiful way to honour your roots !

1 Like

I think it’s lovely!
I do think where I live (Atlantic Canada) the [name_f]Carys[/name_f] spelling would be easier to wear - although I know the difference, my brain still reads [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] as SAIR-iss sometimes.

1 Like

[name_f]Cerys[/name_f] is gorgeous one of my closest friend sister has this name and I’ve always admired the name. [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] is beautiful and I love the meaning love. I do not think it would be inappropriate to use [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] outside the UK and I think she would travel well. [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] is pretty self explanatory to pronounce so I don’t think you’d find any issues with the name. [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] also definitely works with the names you’ve mentioned. I think [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] is stunning :sparkles:

1 Like

Thank you all for the reassurance :relieved: Appreciate your input!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] your comment, thank you!

1 Like

That’s good to know! Thank you