Thoughts on Charlemagne? For a girl?

[name]Just[/name] a thought…what do you think?
For a boy?
For a girl?

On a boy I feel like it’s too epic, but on a girl it could be cute?

Maybe a cute way to get to nn [name]Charlie[/name] without [name]Charlotte[/name]? I know people hate ‘stealing from the boys’, but is it really stealing if no one was using it?

Really, really not. This is just not a usable name, I’m afraid. For a pet it could be cute, but not a human baby of either sex.

I love it on either!

I really don’t think this is a usable name for either sex. The sheer historical presence of the real Charlemagne makes it far too weighty for a modern child (I’m a history teacher). [name]Charles[/name] the Great is a name that is a lot to live up to.

Charlemagne is like naming your child [name]Napoleon[/name]. Or maybe [name]Hannibal[/name]. Or some other big name in history. It’s not a good idea, plain and simple, as lovely as the name may sound - and, granted, Charlemagne has a nice sound. I just can’t advise it at all, though!

You could try [name]Charisa[/name], [name]Charisse[/name], [name]Charlene[/name], [name]Charleston[/name], [name]Charlize[/name], or [name]Charlotta[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name]

Definitely not a name-name to give nowadays imo.

[name]Charlize[/name], [name]Charlene[/name] are ways to get [name]Charlie[/name].

Charlemaine looks so much better. And I think it’s perfectly useable for a girl.

What about [name]Charmaine[/name]?

I feel the same. Waaaaay too epic for a real child to wear. Sorry.

I don’t think it’d be cute at all on a girl… and I don’t like [name]Charlie[/name] on a girl either, but I have to admit, I do like the sound of it for a boy, and I actually love the Catalan from of Carlemany. I’d never, ever, ever use it/ them, though, and I definitely wouldn’t recommend it (or support it).
On a pet, sure.
Plus, the Charlemagne isn’t the best association ever, and since no one else is using it, there is no other association. I think it’d be wicked difficult as a teen taking a history class in school.

If you really love it, maybe (hopefully) consider [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Charles[/name] and calling her/him Charlemagne as a joke nickname around the house.

Charlemagne is way too much. [name]How[/name] about [name]Charla[/name]?

Too epic for a boy and just no for a girl.

Please…no. What about [name]Charmian[/name] instead?

[name]Charlaine[/name] would be a better option.

I think of a king, so I cannot see it on a girl at all. I agree, it is way too heavy to carry on a boy. I really like [name]Charmaine[/name] and that sounds kind of like Charlemagne. Maybe you’d like that instead.

I know I’m late to this post, but I just had to add that, yes, I actually knew a girl in [name]England[/name] named Charlemagne. She went by “[name]Charlie[/name].” If you love it, use it.

I love the name Charlemagne for a girl! I’m still thinking about using it. I think [name]Charla[/name] would be a cute nickname. My daughter’s full name would be: Charlemagne [name]Damaris[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]. Or maybe [name]Damaris[/name] Charlemagne [name]Anderson[/name].

Sorry but imo Charlemagne is too masculine for a girl given the namesake.

I’m sorry, I really don’t think this is okay.

I’ve tried to respond three times now.

[name]Just[/name] no.

And seriously, I’d rather use the name of a historic and powerful royal female figure such as [name]Melisande[/name], [name]Theodora[/name] or [name]Eleanor[/name].

Or, go with plain [name]Charlotte[/name].