Thoughts on Dahlia?

[name]Do[/name] you prefer [name]Dahlia[/name] or [name]Dalia[/name]?
[name]Do[/name] you have any nn options you like for it?
What would you think of a person named [name]Dahlia[/name]?
Any other thoughts with it?

Please and thank you!

I think it’s awesome! I think I would go for dahlia. That’s how you spell the flower, right? Somehow seems more legitimate to me. And I think there are some possible pronunciation issues. I would always pronounce it da-lee-a, but I think some people say day-lee-a.

I adore [name]Dahlia[/name], definitely with the “h”. I think it’s too pretty for a nickname, but [name]Lia[/name] works.

I really like the name [name]Dahlia[/name]. I pronounce it Dahl-ya. If I had a [name]Dahlia[/name] I might call her [name]Dolly[/name] as a nickname sometimes. So pretty!

I love [name]Dahlia[/name]! I say DAHL-yah. I think it’s stunning. I much prefer it with the “H”, but I think I read somewhere that without it it’s an international variant–I think maybe a Hebrew variant? Not sure. Still, both are very pretty.

If I met a [name]Dahlia[/name], I would probably blurt out like a total name-addict-idiot, “Eeeeek, I love your name!” bahaha. I would also be seriously impressed with little (or not so little) [name]Dahlia[/name]'s parents, for coming up with such an impressive name! [name]Love[/name] it.

For nns, the only ones I can really think of are [name]Dolly[/name] and [name]Lia[/name]. I suppose you could stretch it and use [name]Allie[/name]…

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name]! I say to it DAHL-ya as well. I prefer the [name]Dahlia[/name] spelling, but I do like the meaning of [name]Dalia[/name] better I have known one [name]Dahlia[/name] and she was the sweetest little girl. She was a little timid and shy but just the cutest thing. The type that you just want to pick up and squeeze :slight_smile: I think [name]Dolly[/name] would be a precious NN for [name]Dahlia[/name]/[name]Dalia[/name].

I love it, and I would spell it [name]Dahlia[/name]. I say it with only two syllables: ‘dahl-yah’.

I also prefer [name]Dahlia[/name]. It is a lovely flower name that is unusual but familiar.

I love this name!!! Pretty underused flower name. Dahlia with an H. Pronounced Dahl yuh. I knew a dahlia growing up and she didn’t have a nn. But I like nn’s Dee, Doll, Dolly, and Lia. Dolly is precious as a nn for a child and even as she grows up. It’s adorable and sweet just like the full name. I would be very impressed by the mom’s naming taste if I ever met a little dahlia. :). It’s chic, sophisticated, Girly but not too frilly or too long. It’s streamlined
And very classy without trying to hard.

[name]Dahlia[/name] (with the h) has become one of my favorite names over the past year or so. The nickname that sticks out in my mind the most is [name]Dolly[/name]/[name]Dollie[/name], though that’s mostly due to the association with a video game character also named [name]Dahlia[/name] who was affectionately called [name]Dolly[/name]. [name]Dahlia[/name] is a nice flower name in that it’s not that common. It’s refreshing to hear aside the countless [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Violet[/name]. Classy and ageless without trying too hard to stand out.

I just started considering this name myself and I love it the more I think about it! I think it would fit in well with all the [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]'s and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]'s and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]'s and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]'s out there right now, but stand out a little at the same time.

I like [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] more and more every time I hear it. I pronounce it DAH-lee-ah.

I pronounce it DAHL-ya, my grandmother’s name is [name_f]Dolores[/name_f] “[name_f]Dolly[/name_f]” and I would love to have a daughter with the same nn as her

In my head, [name_f]Dalia[/name_f] is a Hebrew name (meaning branch) and [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is English, a type of flower. I’d pronounce them with only a minor difference - [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] with a little extra on the -i-, not quite 3 whole syllables.

I like it either way :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] mostly because I like [name_m]Roald[/name_m] Dahl and [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] seems to remind me of that.

I like both but slightly prefer [name_f]Dalia[/name_f]. Not sure why. Maybe it seems less twee. I do love the name [name_f]Tahlia[/name_f] with the ‘h’ though.

I quite like [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]. I say it ‘[name_u]DAY[/name_u]-lee-a’ or ‘DAH-lee-a’.

[name_f]Love[/name_f]!
I pronouce dahlia as dah-lee-yah and [name_f]Dalia[/name_f] as day-leah

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f].
It is a perfectly wearable name and will age well.
I had no idea about the flower association but I knew a mutual friend called [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] growing up and she is mid-twenties and the name has aged well thus far.

She pronounced it [name_u]Day[/name_u]-lee-ah (day as in day of the week)
so idk is that way the correct pronunciation or not.

(yes I just double checked social media and she had the ‘h’ in it and pronounced it [name_u]Day[/name_u]-lee-ah)

[name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]! It’s one my my favorites. It’s dark and mysterious, yet pretty and feminine. I love the way it sounds. It’s also not overly popular, it is a unique flower name. GL!