Thoughts on Denzel?

I’m slowly falling more and more for the name.

Any thoughts on the name, and combo ideas?

I don’t think anyone who grew up within the past couple decades can get away from the [name]Denzel[/name] [name]Washington[/name] association. It is a cool name, but just so easily associated with the celebrity.

I’m inclined to agree with pp about Mr. [name]Washington[/name]. Although I do think the association is only going to get weaker unless he has a huge comeback movie.

[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] comes to mind as a nice combo though.

[name]Enzo[/name] has a similar sound and is less celebrity tied?

[name]Denzel[/name]'s great-- [name]Washington[/name] is a point of reference, but he doesn’t own the name (like [name]Ewan[/name] [name]MacGregor[/name] or [name]Isla[/name] [name]Fisher[/name]- they’re actors who have familiarised popular names from other parts of the world). If you want to distance yourself from Mr [name]Washington[/name], you could use one of the other spellings- [name]Denzell[/name] or [name]Denzil[/name].

I’d be tempted to go all Cornish with [name]Denzell[/name]- [name]Denzell[/name] [name]Jago[/name], [name]Denzell[/name] [name]Pascoe[/name], [name]Denzell[/name] Brannock…[name]Denzell[/name] [name]George[/name] sounds pretty dashing too. [name]Denzell[/name] [name]Hugh[/name], [name]Denzell[/name] [name]Benedict[/name], [name]Denzell[/name] [name]Frank[/name], [name]Denzell[/name] [name]Evander[/name], [name]Denzell[/name] [name]Patrick[/name].

[name]Denzel[/name] is a nice name and not used much. I like nicknames and I think you could use [name]Dez[/name] or even [name]Enzo[/name], both are pretty cool.
ideas-
[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Blaine[/name]
[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Denzell[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Eamon[/name]
[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Everett[/name]

Obviously you’d get the whole [name]Denzel[/name] [name]Washington[/name] association but I think it’s a very, very cool name. I like it a lot:)

[name]Denzel[/name] is appealing.

[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Heath[/name] or [name]Denzel[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] appeal to me. I’d want a short, snappy middle, but not TOO bold, because [name]Denzel[/name] doesn’t need jazzing up. [name]Denzel[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name] is overkill, iykwim. (And I don’t hate [name]Phoenix[/name])

Thank you for the suggestions! I don’t mind the [name]Denzel[/name] [name]Washington[/name] association at all, I think it’s a great one personally.

I like the suggestions of [name]Denzel[/name] [name]George[/name], [name]Denzel[/name] [name]Miles[/name], [name]Denzel[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] though I prefer [name]Reese[/name].

[name]How[/name] are you pronouncing it? The correct way is “den-zil”. [name]Denzel[/name] Washngton has said that his name was purposely pronounced incorrectly because he was named after his dad. Calling him “den-zel” was a way to differentiate the two [name]Denzel[/name]'s.

Most young people would recognize the name as “den-zil” because of the character on Fairly OddParents. [name]Denzel[/name] [name]Washington[/name] is not as big as he used to be

I’d only think of [name]Denzel[/name] [name]Washington[/name] but it’s not like that’s a bad thing, I love the guy!

However, if used in the UK it would be incredibly chavvy sounding because of a character is a teen drama called Waterloo Road.

[name]Denzel[/name] is an absolutely refreshing idea!

Have you thought about changing it up a bit and using [name]Denzil[/name]? My uncles name is [name]Denzil[/name], and I’ve been with him when he has been complimented on his name a few times.

I think “[name]Denzil[/name]” would be seen as odd, even though it’s the saintly Cornish original. Close to [name]Dweezil[/name].

“[name]Denzel[/name]” would immediately benefit from the association with Mr [name]Washington[/name]. He’s a pretty nice image for your son to have floating around him.

As you would be choosing a dashing, original first name, would you prefer a similarly striking middle, or something more traditional? A family name?

I prefer the spelling of [name]Denzel[/name] over [name]Denzil[/name].

I don’t use family names because they’re family names. :stuck_out_tongue: Only if I originally liked it and it happened to be a family name.

[name]Denzel[/name] has a tradition feel to me, but also striking. So I’m a bit torn on if I should go more tradition or striking.
[name]Denzel[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] would be dashing, but it’s a bit…lacking, [name]Denzel[/name] [name]Cato[/name] is striking, but I’m not sure if it’s too much.
Dilemmas dilemmas.