Thoughts on Easton? Is it too trendy? What about Quinn?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you guys like the name [name_u]Easton[/name_u]? If not, why? I’ve been reading that some folks think the name is too trendy, but where I live in Northern [name_u]Cali[/name_u], myself and everyone I have talked to has never even heard the name. I thought it was super unique until reading on certain forums that it is considered trendy. The other name we are considering is [name_m]Quinlan[/name_m], [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] for short. This name seems more trendy to me. Thoughts on [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] vs. [name_u]Easton[/name_u]. Or should we go with something else altogether? His middle name will be [name_u]August[/name_u]. Thanks!!!

I think [name_u]Easton[/name_u] is a fine name. It doesn’t strike me as uber-trendy, though it definitely fits the profile of what’s in. I prefer [name_m]Weston[/name_m] because I love the nicknames [name_m]Wes[/name_m] and [name_u]West[/name_u].

Between the two my preference is [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]. I just think it has more spunk and charm. [name_m]Quinlan[/name_m] is a handsome longer form, which might be good since [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is increasingly unisex. I also love [name_m]Quentin[/name_m]–I think [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] still works even tho the spelling is off. It still starts with Qu- and ends in -in!

I think in the end [name_m]Quinlan[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] nn [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] gets my vote.

I love both names! I think [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is becoming a bit more popular but [name_u]Easton[/name_u] isn’t blowing up too fast. I think both names are awesome options!

[name_u]Easton[/name_u] is a fine name. I personally prefer [name_m]Weston[/name_m], [name_u]West[/name_u] and [name_m]Wes[/name_m] are very cute nicknames, and [name_m]Weston[/name_m] is a bit less popular than [name_u]Easton[/name_u].
[name_u]Easton[/name_u] sounds a fair amount like [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], which I like better than [name_u]Easton[/name_u], except it is so popular.
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] I like for a girl.
[name_m]Quentin[/name_m] is different and so is [name_m]Quinton[/name_m], both of which could earn the nickname [name_u]Quinn[/name_u].

I live in the South, and it is very trendy. And he most always has a sister named [name_f]Ava[/name_f]. I cringe when I hear [name_u]Easton[/name_u].

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u], on the other hand, is a fabulous name! I only know one. I think [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] is really great!

I’d consider [name_u]Easton[/name_u] trendy because I have 2 close friends with an [name_u]Easton[/name_u] (one is 2 and the other is a few months old). I also have a cousin who is expecting a boy in a few weeks and they are naming him [name_u]Easton[/name_u] too! I know of one [name_m]Weston[/name_m] (he’s about 6) and I prefer [name_m]Weston[/name_m] because it is more rare and feels like a more established name to me.

I like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] on a boy but I also know of a baby girl [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] (not sure if [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] potentially “going to the girls” bothers you or not).

For what it is worth, I’m in the Southeast region of the US.

Good luck!

I think [name_m]Quinlan[/name_m] nn [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is awesome!

If you’re going with a trendy direction name, I recommend [name_m]Weston[/name_m]. I like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] a lot, but I know more girl Quinns than boys, at least where I live.

I’m in BC and I hadn’t heard [name_u]Easton[/name_u] until a few years ago and I thought ‘Hey, that’s kinda cool.’ Then I heard it four more times within a six month span and I put it on the ‘trendy’ list. Along with [name_m]Weston[/name_m].

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u], to me, is a classic which has started being used more. On-trend, rather than trendy. However, I do agree that [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is quite unisex. I know four girl Quinns and no boy Quinns. I like the idea of [name_m]Quinlan[/name_m] or [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] (especially!!) with the nickname [name_u]Quinn[/name_u].

I think it all depends on your area. Plus whether you’re in the kiddie circles. My exposure to names has vastly changed since I have a toddler that I take to activities and kid-friendly places. If you’re concerned about a name being trendy, maybe spend some time at your local community centre or ask your friends with young kids to share the names of their friends / daycare class / playground buddies. It’s quite eye-opening.

[name_u]Easton[/name_u] is trendy [name_f]IMO[/name_f] but I still love it!

I love [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] as a boys name but it is really being used by girls now :frowning:

I do think [name_m]Quinlan[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] has a better flow.

I think [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is going for the girls, it is twice as popular for girls than boys. [name_u]Easton[/name_u] is not nice in my opinion because I live by a city [name_u]Easton[/name_u], [name_m]Weston[/name_m] I do like more and also [name_m]Quentin[/name_m].

I’ve only met one [name_u]Easton[/name_u] and he has an older brother named [name_m]Maverick[/name_m]. I love that sibset! I like [name_u]Easton[/name_u] well enough. It does seem trendy, but seeing as I’ve only met one not overly so.

I love [name_m]Quinlan[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]! [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] seems abrupt. Also, [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] by itself I prefer on a girl, but as a Nn for [name_m]Quinlan[/name_m] I actually love it.

I really like [name_u]Easton[/name_u], personally, and I haven’t heard it a lot near me. It may be more popular in the south though. [name_m]Quinlan[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] is a great name too though.