Thoughts on Eisley?

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about Eisley (eyes-lee) DH loves it I am not all in with the name. I especially don’t like that it has zero NN options. [name_f]My[/name_f] pick is [name_f]Olive[/name_f] but DH isn’t on board.

[name_u]June[/name_u] would be the middle name. Our last name is close to [name_m]Anderson[/name_m].

I can’t say I’m keen on Eisley myself as I do find it fits too easily into the modern-trend of [name_u]Paisley[/name_u] and [name_u]Aynsley[/name_u] and the like. I do prefer [name_f]Olive[/name_f], although I’m not overly fond of her. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_m]Andersen[/name_m] sounds pretty darn fantastic though, I must say.

I do think you need a name that both yourself and your partner likes/loves though, so you might need to go back to the drawing board, eh?

Here are some names that have a similar feel/sound/look to Eisley and [name_f]Olive[/name_f], even if just for some inspiration:

Eirlys
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] / [name_f]Cecilie[/name_f]
Eirys / [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
Olivie
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] /[name_f]Ottavia[/name_f]

I think it’s spunky and cute!

Ya we have very different naming styles I love old vintage names husband tends to go more trendy. I do love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] maybe he would meet me in the middle with that especially since it is in our family. =]

I’m not really a fan of [name_f]Olive[/name_f] (though I like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]) or Eisley (sounds like a dentist or a substitute teacher). If you like surnames maybe there’s a good one in your child’s ancestry that will give her more of a connection?

I don’t like Eisley, much prefer [name_f]Olive[/name_f], especially with your last name. I also think as already said, you should suggest [name_f]Isla[/name_f]! Wonderful name.

I love the band, but when I hear that name all I think of is the band…and [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars.

These are pronounced differently, just for a heads up.

Eirys: AY-ris
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]: EYE-ris

Since he likes Eisley, have you considered [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]? It’s a beautiful name. It’s pronounced with a long “a”, but I’ve still seen [name_f]Anne[/name_f] or [name_f]Annie[/name_f] used as a nickname for it. [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] flows very well.

I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. It reminds me too much of [name_f]Olive[/name_f] Oil. I do like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

It looks like a misspelled [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], sorry. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]/[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]/[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]?

Those are the reasons why my husband likes it. =]

I don’t like it, nor do I really like [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] flows nice, but there’s something about the two also doubling as word names that puts me off. I love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is lovely.

Well, I’m not a fan, but it is far better than [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. I would use the lovely [name_f]Isla[/name_f].