Thoughts on Eliana????

I recently found out that I’m having a little girl.

Myself and my boyfriend both love the name [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] but are not able to use it.

Alternative names we love are [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Elina[/name_f] & [name_f]Milena[/name_f].

We are thinking of going for [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] which we feel isn’t too far fetched from [name_f]Liliana[/name_f].

Please let me know what you think!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think that [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] is quite a nice name: Very feminine and breezy. On-trend, too, as “[name_f]El[/name_f]” and “-ana” names are popular right now, and this is both! However, my favorite from your alternatives is [name_f]Milena[/name_f]. Unexpected, vibrant, and elegant. Quick thought: Have you considered [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] - it’s sweet and has a nice flow to it.

I think [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] is beautiful!

I think [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] is quite lovely, less of a mouthful than [name_f]Liliana[/name_f].

[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] is a lovely name and lends itself to plenty of nicknames, as well, if you like nicknames. I also really like [name_f]Milena[/name_f], though. It’s unusual (at least where I am), but still very pretty and lends itself to the nickname “[name_f]Mila[/name_f],” which I think is adorable and elegant at the same time.

I adore [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]. It’s familiar yet not popular. It’s sweet and graceful and just… Beautiful. :smiley:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]!

I love the sounds of names ending in -na, the same that I have listed above. [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is a name that I’ve considered but it’s too close to my nieces name so that’s why we can’t use it. :frowning:

Thank you! I love the flowiness of it. It’s not an unheard of name but it’s also not common either. :smiley:

My daughter is [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] but we call her [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. We get nothing but compliments on her name!

I think [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] is a great choice. It’s cute for when they’re younger but also good when they’re older. The softness of the E makes it sound gentler then [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]. I really like this name.

Thank you! It’s such a lovely name! :smiley:

Thank you! Now that you’ve said that, I think that too. It flows a lot more. I think the continuous “L” sound in [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] is what makes it a mouthful.

Thank you! Yeah there’s loads of nicknames. I think the ones we’d go for are probably [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Ella[/name_f].
I love the sound & look of [name_f]Milena[/name_f] but it sounds & looks too close to a not very nice medical term :-? Considering that some members of our family are in the medical profession, it would probably not be a good choice. I also love the nicknames [name_f]Lena[/name_f] & [name_f]Mila[/name_f] for it too.

Thank you! That’s exactly what I was thinking. I love names like that, that are not popular but are also not unheard of. Also love the flowiness of it. :smiley:

Thank you, as do I :smiley:

It is such a beautiful name. Definitely not a popular name but definitely not weird & unheard of. I love it. The nicknames we would probably go with are [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Ella[/name_f]. :smiley:

I love names that are like that. Not a fan of names that only suit people when they’re younger & not when they’re older, & vice versus.

Quite a few people have mentioned that it seems much more flowier and softer than [name_f]Liliana[/name_f].

Thank you so much for your help. :smiley:

My thoughts exactly! So happy you agree with me.
I love that it’s a trendy name yet you don’t reallr hear of it & it’s not too out there. Like you said, there are endless nickname possibilities too. I personally don’t know anyone with this name or have never heard of anyone with this name either. It’s such a change from my own name which is usually in the top 3 for girls names in a lot of places.

My middle name idea for this name is [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]. So it’d be [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], and my boyfriends surname ends in an “M”. So the initials are not bad either - [name_u]ELM[/name_u]. :smiley: