Thoughts on Elliette?

I just came across this name and I think it’s really pretty. Follows the [name_f]El[/name_f]- trend eg [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f] etc…

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it would be confused with [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] mispronounced as [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]?

Not really considering using this name just curious to hear peoples opinions.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be high on my list but I don’t hate it.

It reminds me of names like James/Jaymes, Cameron/Camryn etc.

It’s a nice name but in an English-speaking community I think it would be confused with, and pronounced like, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] all the time. I also like Aliette, which is a similar old-school [name_u]French[/name_u] name and perhaps less likely to be confused with [name_u]Elliott[/name_u].

1 Like

i honestly think it’s nice, it is quite on trend. whilst i’m not the biggest fan of elliot for either gender, i can see the appeal ! you could also get the nickname etta which is fun :smile:

as for being heard as elliot it depends on how you pronounce it - would the -ette ending be distinct ?

i know a little elliette (she’s around 7 now) from what i’ve heard she wears her name really well!

I definitely think this name would be misspelled a lot ! I can appreciate it but not something I would personally use

I think it’d be misspelled but I wouldn’t consider it a deal breaker. I wasn’t ever a fan of the name [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] on a girl until I came across this variation. Now I’m sold :purple_heart:

1 Like

It would absolutely be misspelled on the regular, but it is still sweet!

I don’t hate it but I do think it might be read as [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] since it feels like a feminization

It sounds like an obscure form of punctuation to me! :slight_smile:

I read it as a feminized version of [name_u]Eliot[/name_u] at first, but can read it more like [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] too. I think it’d be a name with a lot of correcting involved but that’s not a bad thing. It’s not on my list but I do like it.

How are you pronouncing it? I’m confused how it could be pronounced differently than [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]

1 Like

I don’t love it personally just because of the spelling and the repetition of the letters, it feels a bit much for me.

It is pretty much the same but there is sort of more emphasis on the Ette in [name_f]Elliette[/name_f] than there is in [name_u]Elliot[/name_u].

It’s like Elli-Ette like the ending of juliette

i really like [name_f]Elliette[/name_f]! when i was like 11 or 12 that’s what i wanted to name my future daughter :joy:

1 Like