Thoughts on Emmanuel?

What do berries think of [name]Emmanuel[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]? It’s long, but our last name is short. [name]Frederick[/name] was my father’s name; we have one son named [name]Victor[/name] [name]David[/name] already. We need something friendly for Spanish and English speakers. I tend to prefer classic boy names, my husband prefers more adventurous names. The other name that made our short list when [name]Victor[/name] was born was [name]Ezra[/name] - we’re both less interested in that as an option now. We’d probably use Emman (pronounced [name]Em[/name]-en) as a nickname, rather than [name]Manny[/name].

I like it. =] I wouldn’t worry about the length, especially since your last name is short and you’ll be using a nickname. Also remember that the middle name rarely gets brought up in everyday life anyway, so you have a lot of freedom with it.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

[name]Emmanuel[/name] [name]Frederick[/name], although long, is a very handsome name. I wouldn’t think twice about it. If you have a short last name then that balances it out.

I like the nickname! :wink:

[name]Emmanuel[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] is lovely! I think [name]Victor[/name] and [name]Emmanuel[/name] go together very well. I used to know a guy named [name]Emmanuel[/name]–they called him Emman for short (not sure if that’s how it was spelled or not). They pronounced it like EE-mahn, though, not Emm-en.

[name]Emmanuel[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] is wonderful - handsome, distinguished, approachable, gentle, yet undeniably strong. [name]Love[/name] it.

I agree with the above comments-- [name]Victor[/name] and [name]Emmanuel[/name] are a great sibset and [name]Emmanuel[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] is so distinguished and classic.

Thanks, everyone, for the very positive feedback! I appreciate it!