Thoughts on Ephraim?

I’d like to know your thoughts on the name [name]Ephraim[/name]! I have always been somewhat attached to this name for personal reasons (not religious) but I’ve never really given much thought to whether or not I actually genuinely like it! Is it a classic that could have hope of revival or is it one that should just be left in the past? I do tend to gravitate to ‘old’ boy names, so it would fit in with my style, but I’m just not sure.

Opinions of any sort are appreciated. What are possible nicknames? What would your first opinion be when meeting a boy with the name [name]Ephraim[/name], either as a fn or mn? And does anyone know any real life Ephraims!? Input appreciated. Also to clarify - not expecting just collecting! Thanks in advance guys!

I know three Ephraims, two Jewish and one Latino.

I don’t mind it, but of [name]Dusty[/name] Biblical Names (that’s not an insult, lol, it’s my favourite category!) it’s not in my top scorers. It’s a good solid name though. And not ubiquitous like [name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] have become.

It’s a bit too old for my taste. I don’t know any personally, and if it were in the middle, I wouldn’t mind it at all. As a given first name though, it’s a little too dusty to me. As for a nickname, I’m sure I would tend to call him Ephra or [name]Ram[/name] (just to be cute).

I absolutely love [name]Ephraim[/name]. I seriously considered [name]Daniel[/name] [name]Ephraim[/name] for my list. I love it’s mix of colonial and very-biblical appeal, and I would be so happy to meet a little [name]Ephraim[/name] actually. I think it’s quite versatile, and, even though it’s very Biblical, I can see it working with any sort of family, and even though it has a very old-fashioned feel, I think it also works very well today. Such a quirky, handsome choice!

I think [name]Ephraim[/name] is great and I’d be thrilled to meet one! I wouldn’t go with any nn personally, but nn’s just aren’t generally my style anyway.

I love [name]Ephraim[/name] so much! I used it on a fish when I was 16 and was like, “I will never be an adventurous namer so I might as well use it for a fish”… but I still love it and it’s in my top 10 for sure (probably my top 5, when it comes down to it).
I called my fish “Ephy” a lot, and I feel like if I were to use it on a kid, that’s what would slip out. I don’t mind it. I prefer Ephy on a boy, rather than [name]Effie[/name] on a girl. I don’t think I’d call him Ephy in to adulthood, though. [name]Ephraim[/name] in full is fantastic, and that’s what I’d encourage (outside of the family, at least).

I’d be stoked to meet an [name]Ephraim[/name], and I’d probably squeal with joy if I ever did meet one.

I love it!!! [name]Unique[/name] to me, it somewhat reminds me of Efrian, but so much better! Nice choice :wink:

I love it. I’ve known one [name]Ephraim[/name], from a big family of little kids with biblical names. It was very cute on him. I’m not sure how well it would age, though.

I love it. It’s so handsome, and it manages to be both familiar and rare at the same time. I’ve met a few [name]Efra[/name]íns but no Ephraims.

I can’t think of a nickname that doesn’t feel forced to me. Since I’m not a nickname person, this actually makes me like [name]Ephraim[/name] more, but I can see why it could be a problem if you love nicknames. Depending on the middle name, you might be able to turn initials into a nickname, like E.B. or E.J.

I have a little cousin named [name]Ephraim[/name]. His siblings’ names are [name]Asher[/name], [name]Judah[/name], and Hosanna, if you’re interested. I think it’s really cute on him, but it does seem like an adult name to me. Like something he’ll have to grow into a little bit. It reminds me of [name]Ethan[/name]

Haha, I love it, ‘not expecting just collecting’.

Thoughts on the name-- I’ve loved it ever since I first heard it, which was back on that show Everwood. I think it works well on all ages, although its more suited for an adult [name]IMO[/name]. Nicknames are tricky…Eff is the only one that I think is natural, maybe…(as a bit of a stretch) [name]Rem[/name] or [name]Remy[/name].

I’ve only ever heard it on that show Everwood, but I’ve liked it ever since. It’s on my list!