Thoughts on Ever?

So Hubby & I have recently been discussing names we liked for a future daughter (since we basically have boys names settled) and I mentioned the name " Ever ". He said he’d never heard of that as a name on a girl and wondered how people would react.

Personally I’ve loved the name for awhile and, while we have plenty of time yet to decide, I want to know what the name-community here thinks. Is it feminine to you? Usable as an adult? Too trendy/dated/odd sounding?

Since the name " Leigh " is a family name of sorts, I’ve considered using that as a possible middle name : Ever Leigh (pronounced: Lee)

Love it? Hate it? Tell me your thoughts!

2 Likes

I’m not really a fan, sorry. I think it’d be a cute middle name though! I just don’t know how wearable it would be on an adult.

2 Likes

Ahhh [name_m]Ever[/name_m] is adorable! I have a soft spot for it haha. Though I do think people would think it’s a nickname. It could definitely work though! I say if you like it and you’re okay with some weird looks, go for it :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f]!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Ever[/name_m]!

1 Like

I love Ever! For a very long while I had considered Ever Madeleine (which I still really love!) with maybe the nn Evie. I’m not a fan of Ever Leigh myself (I think it would be confusing for a lot of people to know it’s “Everly” in sound but not “Everly” in spelling, and I just think Everly itself has more charm than the two spliced names on their own), but I think Ever is lovely and I’m super happy to see someone considering it!

I think it can often be a nn for Everett for a boy, and I do know an Ever (I think he’s just Ever?) but I feel like Everly & Ever were being considered equally just before Channing Tatum used Everly and it took off. I love Ever for a girl and would love to see her get more love!

If you want to use Leigh for your family, would you consider something like Ever Sophia Leigh or Ever Floralie or Ever Coralie or Ever Rosalie or Ever Georgiana Leigh? I think that would actually be really lovely.

Good luck!

2 Likes

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] I hadn’t considered the idea it may confuse people with the names seperate like that, but you totally make a valid point! Perhaps two middles might be needed… Which is fine, since I have two middles myself lol. (My parents couldn’t decide between names and so they threw ALL of them in haha)

I’m a fan of earthy names as well so [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] struck a cord! But I’d likely put it as: [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]

[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f] :heart::heart::heart: Might be my new favorite combo! Thank you for your insight!

4 Likes

I love [name_m]Ever[/name_m] ! Such a lovely name… I know an [name_m]Ever[/name_m] in real life and she is such an angel.

1 Like

I’d have to second that I think it probably works better as a middle name. It is cute though! [name_m]Just[/name_m] doesn’t sound much like a name to me.

I love it as well! And if you love it, I think you should use it! [name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f] sounds absolutely perfect :grin:

1 Like

I think [name_m]Ever[/name_m] is really sweet and interesting. I think it can stand on its own. [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought when I see [name_m]Ever[/name_m] is “happily ever after”. Because of that, I associate [name_m]Ever[/name_m] with positive moments, great stories, and joyful people.

However, I would advice you to avoid [name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]. I like the suggestion of a second middle name, but I would go with something that can’t be combined with [name_f]Leigh[/name_f] into one name.

Suggestions:
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Makenna[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]

2 Likes

i love it! so sweet but still usable on an adult for sure. it doesn’t have a super cutesy sound while still being really cute. definitely versatile:)

1 Like

I love [name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f], so beautiful :heartpulse:

1 Like

Ooh, [name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f]! I love that too! [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] is a name I’ve been fond of but would never use due to high popularity in my area (I know three in real life). So making it into a middle option is a great idea! [name_m]Will[/name_m] definitely add it to my notes!

1 Like

[name_m]Ever[/name_m] is charming - bright and cool and interesting - but familiar too (since its similar to [name_f]Everly[/name_f] and Eva). I have met a woman called [name_m]Ever[/name_m]. She was an artist and might have chosen it herself, but it suited her.

I’d read it as unisex, so wouldn’t be surprised to meet a girl called [name_m]Ever[/name_m]

1 Like

It’s not a favourite but I certainly don’t hate it, I think it’s perfectly wearable and useable. Unsure about the middle name with it though, because phonetically it reads as [name_f]Everly[/name_f]. However most people won’t know about the middle name so if it is special to you it’s no big deal to use it, the people that matter will know it’s [name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f], the full name will rarely be said anyway so no confusion for others.

1 Like

I like it, but I’d rather include it in a name as [name_m]Ever[/name_m] is also a common word.

I would do [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f] in your case.

Similar ones:

[name_f]Evelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Evolet[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Ever[/name_m] is so cool on a girl to me. I really like it!!! First heard it for a girl on [name_f]Milla[/name_f] Jovovich’s daughter and was surprised by how much I liked it. It’s so spirited and bright!

I’m not big on [name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f] as a combo (not a fan of the [name_f]Everly[/name_f] family of names in general), but I think [name_m]Ever[/name_m] is just lovely.

1 Like

Feels incomplete to me. I prefer [name_f]Everly[/name_f] anyday.

1 Like

[name_m]Ever[/name_m] is an adorable name! I personally love that. I hadn’t heard of it until I read your post, but it’s stunning! I do think [name_m]Ever[/name_m] [name_f]Leigh[/name_f] may be a little bit confusing? Seeing as [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f] (as I’m sure you already know) is a pretty popular name, so many people might see [name_m]Ever[/name_m] as a NN. I love [name_m]Ever[/name_m], but it is your opinion that really matters! I hope this post helps :smiley:

1 Like