Thoughts on Everett Edward

I’m having a C-section this week and suddenly second guessing the names we’ve chosen (team green so we have one of each picked out).

My husband has a strong family tradition for the men to have [name_m]Edward[/name_m] as a middle name. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite boy name is [name_u]Everett[/name_u]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] doesn’t seem like It has the best flow, we figured it sounded ok. What do you guys think?? The name [name_u]Everett[/name_u] sounds great with our last name (in my opinion).

Also, the more I say [name_u]Everett[/name_u] out loud I can’t decide which I like better, pronouncing it with 2 syllables “ev-[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]” or 3 syllables “ev-Er-ett”

Would love your honest opinion! Thank you!

Everett [name_m]Edward[/name_m] has charm and feels like a winning combo. You follow tradition and get to use your favourite name

I think it’s fine—the first and middle names aren’t said together that often anyway. (And [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] sounds OK to me anyway.) If you love [name_u]Everett[/name_u], use it!

Everett [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is so handsome and sweet! I love it!!

I like them together! I pronounce 3 syllables.

Maybe to feel calmer you could have a bit of fun and pick a back up option then put it out of your mind. Decide when you meet him/her. That would make me calmer anyways haha

Everett [name_m]Edward[/name_m] sounds perfectly fine. I’ve only ever heard it pronounced as 3 syllables and much prefer it said that way.

Everett [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is a great combo! [name_m]Just[/name_m] the fact that it contains both your favorite name and an important family name pretty much sells me on it, but I also think it has a rather memorable sound to it. I’m afraid I can’t help much on the pronunciation of [name_u]Everett[/name_u]; I honestly think when I say it naturally it comes out sort of between two and three syllables. Closer to three, but the second syllable is quick and doesn’t have much of a vowel sound.

Hmm I love both names but not together I think they are too similar sounding names.
If you say the two names out loud together they almost rhyme
If you wanted the EE how about [name_u]Evan[/name_u]? Or evander? Which are both handsome.
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] or [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Evan[/name_u].
Or Evander Edward. Sorry don’t mean to rock the boat or anything as both are lovely just not sure if I would put them together.

While it isn’t an “ideal” combo, I think you should still use it! It seems like the one for you, and his full name won’t be said that often anyway.

1 Like

Everett [name_m]Edward[/name_m] sounds great. I personally pronounce it with 3 syllables. I like the nickname option of [name_u]Ever[/name_u].

Everett [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is dashing! I pronounce it with 3 syllables, and I think the mix of syllables makes the alliteration very nice.

Everett [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is a lovely name very dashing and has a charming vintage sound. Definitely stick with it. I pronounce [name_u]Everett[/name_u] with three syllables.

Good luck