Thoughts on Farryn?

Yes! I think its definitely the same wavelength as [name_u]Fallon[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] which I both loveee! I also like that it’s feminine without feeling too frilly. You nailed it! haha :relieved: Also [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is very pretty. Thank you!

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] or [name_u]Fallon[/name_u]. [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] (Inpronounce it Fair In) reminds me of of that book Fahrenheit 451

I like it!
For me I personally find it easier to pronounce [name_u]Fallon[/name_u] or [name_f]Farrah[/name_f]. But the combo [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is nice.

There’s also [name_u]Fennel[/name_u] or [name_u]Flannery[/name_u]?

1 Like

Ooh I like it!

1 Like

Not a fan of it on a girl, but I like it for a boy! The original spelling is [name_m]Faron[/name_m], according to Nameberry :wink:

I do pronounce it the way you do. It’s not for me, but I think [name_f]Lily[/name_f] softens it!

1 Like

This was one of the names my FIL and his wife strongly considered for their daughter! Although a different spelling, I think. She ended up with a very different style of name (Estée) but I still like it and she’s a feisty one, so it would have suited her!

It’s not my normal style, but I like the soft/strong sound, and although I’m with those who don’t like superfluous Ys in general, my love of the Cornish name [name_f]Merryn[/name_f] makes this spelling look OK to me. I think I’d prefer Farron though, more like [name_u]Fallon[/name_u] (which I love!)

I’d intuitively say FAH-run, rather than FAIR-in, but I’m not in the US. Your pronunciation is very pretty and [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] is a charming nickname :fairy:‍♀

1 Like

I would instinctively read it as FAR-in because of my accent, but I do think FAIR-in sounds a lot prettier. The fairy connection is so cute.

1 Like

That’s what I thought too but it turns out [name_m]Faron[/name_m] is a separate name with different meanings and origins (like [name_f]Erin[/name_f] and [name_m]Aaron[/name_m]). Apparently the original spelling for [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] is [name_m]Farrin[/name_m], derived from the [name_f]English[/name_f] surname Farimond :thinking: I do think [name_m]Faron[/name_m] (this spelling) would be handsome on a boy though! Thanks

2 Likes