Thoughts on Farryn?

What do you guys think of this name for a girl? Be honest. Also, is the pronunciation intuitive? It’s pronounced Fair-in, like [name_f]Erin[/name_f] or Taryn with an F. The current combo I have is [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] nn “Fary/Fairy”

I found the name [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] on a different site a while back. Note this spelling means “adventurous”. On NB it has a different meaning based on the names variant and it’s only listed for boys. But I see it as easily gender neutral.

3 Likes

I really like it! I intuitively pronounced it the way you shared. I like the combo you have too!

1 Like

I like it! Pronunciation is intuitive to me. [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is a lovely combo :sparkles:

2 Likes

I really like the way it sounds! I don’t love the look personally, but I don’t know how else I would spell it. [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is very sweet and elegant.

3 Likes

it’s kind of cute. i like the sound but not of the way it looks when you write it.

1 Like

@EagleEyes Thanks for the feedback! so I’ve seen so MANY other spellings. I’m honestly not sure which came first…
I’ve seen Farryn, Farrin, Farron, Faryn, Farren etc. I think Farrin was the original, not 100% sure though :thinking:

My first thought was far-reen but I much prefer your pronunciation. Pretty name.

1 Like

I’m not American so also don’t pronounce [name_f]Erin[/name_f] as [name_f]Airin[/name_f] but I would intuitively pronounce [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] with an a in cat not an air sound.

3 Likes

I don’t tend to like y’s in names when it seems like it should be e’s or i’s.

It reminds me of a feral ferret. :slight_smile:

Sorry, but you said to be honest.

1 Like

Don’t be sorry! :joy: [name_f]Honesty[/name_f] is always appreciated. To be honest I (usually) tend to dislike y’s instead of i/e too! So I get where you’re coming from

I like it! Definitely gender-neutral in my opinion too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am American and I’d pronounce it the same as you.

I think I prefer Fallon, personally. I find Farryn both old sounding (Farrah) and trendy (y spelling) which throws me off.

1 Like

I think the pronunciation is straightforward. It has a whimsical, story-like feel. I like it.

1 Like

It’s nms, but I do like it! I think it has a very sweet sound, feminine-but-not-frilly feel, and a straightforward spelling and pronunciation. [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is such a charming combo, too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually think it’s really cool! Definitely makes me think of fairies! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I do think the pronunciation is intuitive, as well, and [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::revolving_hearts:

Also, I should mention, I have met a female [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] (or maybe [name_m]Farren[/name_m], not sure on spelling) recently. She was in her 20’s, which shocked me! It also totally strikes me as gender neutral, maybe even leaning a little feminine.

1 Like

I’d probably spell it Ferryn but [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] has an interesting feel and sound and I like the nn [name_f]Fairy[/name_f]

1 Like

I pronounce it the same way you do. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name! I can see it on a boy or girl. Looove the nickname [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] :heart_eyes: [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is so sweet!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Farryn[/name_m]! I ran across [name_m]Farren[/name_m] in a book some months back and have been low-key obsessed with it for a girl. It goes so great with [name_u]Fallon[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] in my book, and is a less frilly version if [name_f]Farah[/name_f] (a name I have on my list as an honour name). I really do prefer it for a girl, because of the “fairy” sound, but I can see it working for a boy as well. I do think the pronunciation is very intuitive also, and if not it can be easily corrected. I also really like how whimsical [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] sounds, and a couple more suggestions for middles would be [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], and [name_f]Eve[/name_f].

1 Like

In general I tend to prefer/lean into the most standard spellings of names and I do think the [name_m]Faron[/name_m] spelling is more intuitive but I also don’t think [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] is too hard to figure out (my phone did try to auto-correct the spelling to [name_m]Farren[/name_m] though.)
It reminds me of [name_f]Taryn[/name_f], which I like, and [name_m]Farryn[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] looks nice on paper as well as having a complimentary sound.

I wouldn’t use it but I think it’s nice.

1 Like

It has a great sound and vibe. I might prefer [name_m]Farren[/name_m]—just trying to get used to the look.

1 Like