Thoughts on Fraser

I can’t decide if I like it or not but the meaning is adorable. [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe I’m just ready for summer and the strawberries that come with it.

1 Like

Ooh, I didn’t know the meaning and now I do, it’s cute!

Fraser is sweet and handsome

I like it! I just think saying “no, not like [name_m]Frasier[/name_m]. fray-zer” would get old.

I think they’re said the same? I picked the [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] spelling because it’s also a type of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] tree. Double the cozy vibes.

Prefer [name_m]Frasier[/name_m]

I’ve not heard them said the same, but I could be wrong

I might be pronouncing the tree wrong. There’s also a city somewhere near-ish me called [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] and it’s pronounced the way google says [name_m]Frazier[/name_m] is. Then again, there’s another city near that one called [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (shar LOT) so my people can’t be trusted.

Fraser is a great name! I had a close friend named [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] in college and he always got compliments on his name.

1 Like

I really love [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] but am not so keen on [name_m]Frasier[/name_m]. And I definitely say them different

I like fraser! I know sooo many though (its really popular here in scotland) but its never lost its charm for me!

1 Like

I like it! And I definitely think the meaning is adorable, too. It sounds like a cool alternative to more popular names like [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

According to the tv show, [name_m]Frasier[/name_m] and [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] are indeed pronounced differently. It’s a finicky difference to try and pick up on though. I think it might be best described phonetically as zhure and zur, respectively.

I like [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] but feel like its off limits for myself because of the show (my parents were fans and my dad would be annoying about it). Might be worth considering if the tv show connection (or rather, correction) would be bothersome to you.

1 Like

I adore [name_m]Fraser[/name_m]! [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] is such a cool and unique name, uncommon and original without seeming weird.

There’s a show on HBO [name_u]Max[/name_u] called We Are Who We Are. The main character has this name and it kinda grew on me! The meaning is absolutely adorable.

Love it! I echo @hannahhh — the first time I heard it was in [name_u]Scotland[/name_u]. It was spelled [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I like [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] but not [name_m]Frasier[/name_m]. They’re pronounced differently to me. I know a [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] actually and his name has always been pronounced ‘fray-zur’, not ‘fray-zjhur’ (it’s quite hard to represent that sound!). I have heard Americans before conflating the two though; perhaps either pronunciation is valid.

1 Like

Fraser like razor? [Fray zer]
Fraiser like treasure/pleasure/measure? [Fray zhur]

1 Like