Thoughts on Goldie

I really like the name [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]! While I like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] I don’t love it. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] could stand alone? Also do think a little [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] would be teased? ([name_f]Goldie[/name_f] locks?) I’m not expecting I’m just collecting so give your honest opinion!

I think [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] could work on it’s own. It’s charming and sweet. She might get called [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] locks but there’s teasing potential in pretty much every name (and goldie locks could even be affectionate)

3 Likes

Goldie is charming! I do think it could work on its own, especially since it fits in with current hits like [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]. The occasional Goldilocks comment seems almost inevitable, but also pretty innocuous in the scheme of teasing potential (especially considering no name is tease-proof). All that said, I do think I prefer this one as a nickname–and it’s the kind of nickname where you could pick a completely unrelated full name and still use it, imo. Also, I think [name_m]Gold[/name_m] would make a pretty fabulous middle, which could then be used to get to the nickname!

1 Like

Goldie is sweet and can stand on its own, but I love the idea of using it as a nickname for another name meaning or relating to gold like [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Amber[/name_f], [name_f]Dior[/name_f], or [name_f]Zarina[/name_f]. Though nonetheless its so cute!

2 Likes

Goldie is a name that is hard to take seriously for me.

1 Like

[name_f]Goldie[/name_f] is a really sweet name! It can definitely stand on its own (look at [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] Hawn!) :blush:

I really like [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]. It works perfectly on its own and is very sweet and friendly.

I really love [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] as a nickname! I do think it’s a bit too sweet for a standalone (eg I cannot picture it on an adult at all).

Definitely seconding the idea of having it as a nickname for a longer name relating to gold! [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], [name_f]Orla[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Gilda[/name_f], and [name_f]Zarina[/name_f] all have gold in their meaning and might age better?

Goldie is a really good name and can totally stand alone.

Golda is a Yiddish name (meaning, ‘golden’), and I know a few girls who go by the nickname [name_f]Goldie[/name_f].

You could use it as a nickname for something longer if you’re uncomfortable with it though.

If [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], etc can stand alone, than so can [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]. It’s personally not my style, but if you love it, go for it.

While I LOVE [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] as I nickname I find it hard to picture a professional , CEO/Lawyer //Doctor /Prime Minister with this name.
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
Argolda
Goletta

I really like the name [name_f]Goldie[/name_f], even on its own! I actually never thought of the Goldielocks association but I don’t think it’s a bad one. I think what would make [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] especially wearable is if it paired well with your last name. It could be a striking choice even for an adult, professional woman.

Goldie Hawn is my first thought when I hear [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]. She rocks her name!

I love [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]! I’m not sure how well it would translate into adulthood ([name_f]Goldie[/name_f] Hawn’s a celebrity so I think that’s quite different to, say, a lawyer or receptionist named [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]) but there are loads of nickname names around nowadays.

As for the Goldilocks connection, I think it could be more of an affectionate nickname than something to tease about. I used to get called Goldilocks when I was younger because of my blonde curly hair and it didn’t bother me.

Personally I have trouble seeing it as a proper name. Not because it’s too nicknamey, but because I can’t see it on a person. The only thing I can think of when I hear it is a golden retriever, sorry.

I think [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] could work on its own!

Goldie is obviously going to be a polarizing name. If you don’t mind that, go for it!