Thoughts on Grady....

Okay, so I am due in 5 days. We’ve gone back and forth on names - some of which has played out on this board, LOL. I really wanted [name]Jude[/name] [name]Harper[/name], and Hubby offered a few others I could not get on board with ([name]Orion[/name], [name]Wyatt[/name]). So we settled on [name]Jakob[/name] [name]Harper[/name]- which I initially fought due to the commoness of [name]Jacob[/name] (which is funny since I know NONE)…but now love.

But now he has thrown out [name]Grady[/name]. At first reaction I really didn’t care for it (though it is Irish like me - and I like that it means “noble” and “industrious”). It feels like [name]Brady[/name], which seems too “cute” to me. Nice for a kid, but for an adult?

[name]Just[/name] curious as to people’s honest thoughts…

[name]Grady[/name] is my favorite of all your choices. The others lean towards being common, while [name]Grady[/name] is different without being odd. One of my favorite charachters from the [name]North[/name] and South novels was named [name]Grady[/name], so I always picture a strong, silent fighter when I think of the name. As for [name]Jakob[/name], you may not know any, but [name]TRUST[/name] ME, they are everywhere!

I [name]LOVE[/name]! [name]Grady[/name]!!! love love love it! I work in the NICU and right now there are about 4 [name]Jacob[/name]/Jaykob/[name]Jakob[/name]'s… it’s just too popular, at least in my opinion. Also, I just don’t see this name on a man. It’s fine for a child, but I don’t really feel like it’s one to grow with. [name]Grady[/name] [name]Harper[/name] sounds like a very strong, handsome name that ages well. Best wishes on your delivery and the choosing of the name!

Have you seen that commercial for the graty it comes free with the purchase of the Choppy. I dont like it. I like [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Orion[/name]. I think you should go with one of those two.

[name]Grady[/name] is one of my favorite names!!! I think its so handsome. And like someone previously said, its different without being too odd. [name]Grady[/name] [name]Harper[/name] sounds wonderful. I hope you find a name that you both love…but [name]Grady[/name] would most definitely get my vote!!!

I don’t like [name]Grady[/name] at all. It reminds me of gravy and the character from [name]Sanford[/name] and [name]Son[/name].

I actually like [name]Grady[/name] - the grown up version of [name]Brady[/name]. [name]Grady[/name] [name]Harper[/name] is a great name. I won’t lie, I also like the name [name]Jacob[/name]. It is a good friends sons name and he has almost always had another [name]Jacob[/name] in every single class. All the cute little [name]Jacob[/name]'s in the world end up tacking on their last initial to help differentiate themselves from the masses.

I like [name]Grady[/name] quite a bit. It is similar to [name]Brady[/name], but I can see what you mean by [name]Brady[/name] not growing up well. I think [name]Grady[/name] does.

I must admit I’m not a fan–it’s all gravy or “grody” to me. It has the benefit of being a no-nonsense, underused name with a cool meaning, though, so don’t let me discourage you if you really love it.

Really not a fan…it seems sooo harsh to me for some reason??

When I was growing up there was a brand of kettle chips called O’[name]Grady[/name]'s, so I’m afraid that’s all I can think of! But if you love it, go for it.