Thoughts on Hagan

What are yalls thoughts on [name_m]Hagan[/name_m]? I’ve just run across this name and I’m kinda feeling it. It means little fire which I love.

It’s neat! [name_m]How[/name_m] are you pronouncing it? I’ve never been a fan of names ending in -gan, but that’s just my preference. I think it’s that they sound a little harsh to me.

Like it!..

It’s not really my style, but I do like it! I know a [name_m]Hagan[/name_m] who is…oh…about 20 now. For the longest time, his name came off as a little boy name to me, but having watched him grow up, I can see it being used by a man.
@nymphnode: I’ve only heard it pronounced as Hay-gan. [name_m]Gan[/name_m] rhymes with can.

It’s not really my style, but I do like it! I know a [name_m]Hagan[/name_m] who is…oh…about 20 now. For the longest time, his name came off as a little boy name to me, but having watched him grow up, I can see it being used by a man.
@nymphnode: I’ve only heard it pronounced as Hay-gan. [name_m]Gan[/name_m] rhymes with can. Although, honestly, with my “country” accent, I say it more like “hay-gin” (gin rhyming with pin).

I am not a fan, it just sounds like a random word to me. It’s similar to hogan/pagan/dragon, so maybe that’s why? I don’t like the sound alot either. Normally I like word names, but I like words with lovely connections and meanings, and beautiful sounds.
I could see it working on a real child/person tho.

I’ve been trying to figure out what it reminds me of, and I just figured it out - haggis. It’s not my favourite but I can see it working.