Thoughts on Iris

Does it remind you of a rainbow or a eye?
Does it sound to sharp? Not soft enough?
What middle would you pair with it? I have
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f]! It reminds me of the song before anything else! [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] are really pretty!

1 Like

Iris reminds me of the sea, actually. One of my favorite books (albeit for younger readers) features an Iris as the protagonist, who goes on an Alaskan journey in order to share her song with a specific lonely whale.

I think it has a lovely sound, not only soft, but strong-sounding too. Iris Hope is lovely.

3 Likes

I really like it. It’s one of our top girl names right now. I think of the flower and rainbow before an eye.

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is gorgeous :rainbow:

I actually had [name_f]Iris[/name_f] in my final names for a while before going with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is a gorgeous botanical name that reminds me of rainbows and flowers. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is a perfect name for a baby born in a pandemic she feels hopeful & pure. To me she doesn’t feel harsh at all she feels strong so elegant. I absolutely love all your middle name options my favourite is definitely [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f].

2 Likes

Iris really isn’t for me actually, I think it does sound a bit too sharp for my taste. But Iris Dove & Iris Sophia really soften it up, I love those combos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It reminds me of the flower and then a rainbow! I love it; it’s one of my top 15!

1 Like

i really like iris, after i got past a negative childhood association. iris hope is really pretty–i currently have iris yelena pearl in my uc! :blush:

1 Like

That’s beautiful!!

1. Doesn’t remind me of anything
  2. No, it’s very soft in sound to me. Not harsh at all
  3. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] is pretty! [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] were the combos I had for a while. Now I’d go with something more along the lines of [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Boheme[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
1 Like

I love love love [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

I don’t think of the rainbow, nor the eye, I think of the Greek [name_f]Goddess[/name_f]

I don’t think that [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is too sharp, but it’s also not too soft. I think it’s a strong name like [name_f]Athena[/name_f] or [name_f]Freja[/name_f]

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is very cute!

1 Like

It reminds me of the flower :slight_smile:
It is sharp but sweet at the same time

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is nice - [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] came to mind

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Promise[/name_u].

I LOVE [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. I think of rainbows and the flower and the [name_f]Iris[/name_f] of the eye. Such a lovely name

1 Like

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is a longtime love of mine, partly because of the rainbow association! To me it has a luminous, gentle strength; I don’t find it harsh at all. For a middle I think I’d do something like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Alma[/name_u] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Imogene[/name_f]!

2 Likes

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Alma[/name_u] !! I’m in love with that combo!!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]! :heart: She reminds me of my grandma more than anything, because my grandma loved irises! But I think of the flowers almost as much. I’ve been really wanting to add her to my list lately, although she’d probably be a middle for me. I love her tons, but for years I would say I’ve felt that she seems too sharp for a FN for my kid… I just prefer something that feels a little less strong and more girly, although I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] would fit in fine with [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], Ayla… but she doesn’t seem QUITE right as a first name.

I do like your [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] though! I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] would be super pretty too.

1 Like

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] sounds a little harsh to me for some reason so yeah it is really sharp. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] doesn’t especially remind me of anything really. I would rate [name_f]Iris[/name_f] a 4/10.

1 Like

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is very sweet :yellow_heart: I’ve never thought of it as too sharp, but I definitely think it’s grounded and no-nonsense! I think it’s a very versatile name and would suit a wide variety of girls, while also bringing to mind rainbows and beautiful flowers. I fall in and out of love with [name_f]Iris[/name_f] pretty often, and tend to prefer [name_u]Irie[/name_u] by a smidge, but I do really love it for others!

Your combos are very pretty!! I like them all :yellow_heart: I’d probably go with [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f]! It reminds me of the song, but the song is the reason why [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is a middle name contender for me. Such a beautiful name. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is cute!

Options I had when it was on my list as a first name included [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

I also like:

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f] … I think flower, goddess, rainbow, eye (in that order) and all of the associations are good!

But being a word I am not sure I love either [name_u]Dove[/name_u] or [name_f]Hope[/name_f] in the middle spot. And I’m not a fan of [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] in general.

I knew an [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Leah[/name_f] at school which I thought was a nice combo.

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f] might also work?

1 Like