Thoughts on Jasper?

I’m collecting names for if I have kids (because I’d be an awesome dad!) And I love [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] so much, especially with the nicknames JJ, J, [name_u]Jazz[/name_u], Jaspie, [name_u]Perry[/name_u] or [name_u]Percy[/name_u]. It was the name I gave to one of my childhood bears when I was 3 and so I’m not sure if that would make it weird

• I’m from the UK if that helps
1 Like

I love [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] because of the classic but not over used feel, and he’s on my own list too! JJ, J, [name_u]Jazz[/name_u], Jaspie, [name_m]Jazzy[/name_m], [name_u]Ray[/name_u] and [name_u]Percy[/name_u] are my favourite nicknames for [name_u]Jasper[/name_u].

1 Like

Ooh, [name_u]Ray[/name_u] is a good nickname

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it. Named my son [name_m]Casper[/name_m]. Same name technically, or rather they are derived from the same name, “Caspar,” Persian for “keeper of treasure.”

2 Likes

I have a little Jasper so I obviously love the name. It’s cute on a little boy but I feel like it will age well too.
He doesn’t really have any nicknames related to his actual name but I do think JJ and Percy are cute. :blush: His twin calls him “Jaster” right now. Lol

1 Like

@whatchamacallit Aww, his twin calling his Jaster is so cute! [name_f]My[/name_f] birthname is [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] and when my little sister was young, she could only call me [name_f]Jaffa[/name_f] for so long but could pronounce my twin brothers and older brothers name with ease :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] is such a sweet name!

I love Jasper!! So sleek and interesting

1 Like

[name_m]Will[/name_m] always love this name.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]! It’s so handsome, and like you pointed out, has so many great nickname options. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]! Its my second favorite boy name and I actually have [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] “JJ” on my list :blue_heart:

1 Like

oh I love [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]! I have [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] on my list :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

yes!! jasper is my favorite boy name! I love it more than anything I think its a great name to use!

1 Like

It is such a beautiful name, I have loved it for a few years now. It can work on any age and any personality, I feel like. Its pronunciation is intuitive and it has a pretty sounds”. It also reminds me of a character in one of my favorite books, Six of Crows. His name is spelled [name_m]Jesper[/name_m], though, but he is an awesome character, which makes me like the name even more.

1 Like

I love six of crows so much! Somehow forgot the character. I don’t want to watch the series and risk losing my imagery of the characters :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Well it happens to the best of us :joy:. Seriously though, SoC has made me realize what a gem of a name [name_f]Nina[/name_f] is (and what a badass the character is), and also made me like the names [name_f]Alina[/name_f], [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] and [name_f]Zoya[/name_f].

1 Like

Jaspie! So cute!

I don’t care how popular it gets; I’ve loved it forever. Also name of wonderful agate.

1 Like