thoughts on Linley

i have loved this name for 2 years. Before the last name as first names.
And i have at least 2 more years before children are seen in my life.

it’s cute sounding. i like [name]Linda[/name] more though cause it’s more classic and has more meaning behind it.

i don’t like the name linda it’s one of those names

My cousins name is Lynlea - pronounce “lynn - lee”. I think its a great name! I prefer the spelling Lynlea over Linley, but Lynlee or Lynley are not too bad.

I’ve liked the sound of the name Linley for a while. I don’t think I’d ever use it, but I’d probably smile if I met one. It’s just nice - I think it’s the repeating L’s.

Linley and Lyndal are lovely names.

I prefer Lindley.

I know a family of Linley’s so I think of it as a last name. It also seems more like kre8tive and trendy way to get [name]Lindsay[/name], which is my name so I cannot stand it! I think [name]Lindsay[/name]/[name]Lindsey[/name] or however you spell it is such a beautiful name why ruin it :frowning:

Linley is NOT a kre8tive spelling remember Viscount Linley ([name]David[/name] [name]Armstrong[/name]-[name]Jones[/name])? Nephew to [name]Queen[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] II of [name]England[/name], son of [name]Princess[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]? He is heir to the title [name]Earl[/name] of Snowdon if he outlives his father, [name]Antony[/name] [name]Armstrong[/name]-[name]Jones[/name].

A young woman at the college I attend is planning to use this name for her baby girl. I am personally not a huge fan of the name. It is cute, and is certainly not a bad choice. I just don’t find it to be extremely classic; it sounds trendy. Plus, I don’t find it particularly appealing when I think of it as an adult name.

I like Linley a lot! It does have that trendy, surnamey feel to it, but I love its sweet, lilting sound. I considered it as a MN ([name]Charlotte[/name] Linley) a while ago.

Sounds a little nicknamey to me for some reason. Cutesy but doesn’t feel like a classic.

I love Linley… My husband I both have Aunt [name]Linda/name whom we adore, and my Aunt [name]Linda[/name]'s middle name is [name]Lee[/name], so I always thought Linley was a beautiful tribute. My husband was just ok with it. But now our 3yr old son calls one of the Lindas “[name]Linny[/name]” - the [name]German[/name] nickname for [name]Linda[/name]. So I don’t think we’ll be naming a baby Linley - far too confusing.

I think because of [name]David[/name] [name]Lord[/name] Linley it’s probably one of those names you could only use in the States. It’s a nice name, but I prefer [name]Linnet[/name], which goes along with names like [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Wren[/name], and [name]Lark[/name].

I’m not crazy about it, but I think it’s OK. I prefer the Lynlea spelling, it just seems more feminine to me.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

Not a fan. Not a bad name, but has a very trendy vibe to it.

I love it! I knew a girl when I was younger (25+ years ago) with this name and I really really like it.
My name is [name]Lesley[/name] and I love all the -ley names (place names).
I personally like the spelling Lindley too but previous poster is correct in that Linley is an aristocratic surname in the British royal family.