Thoughts on Madison/Maddison for a girl, plus correct spelling?

[name_u]Madison[/name_u] was No 15 on the list in Australia in 2012.

rollo

I am going to go against the grain here and say [name_u]Madison[/name_u] is absolutely not dated. If Aus is anything like [name_m]New[/name_m] Zealand, naming wise then [name_u]Madison[/name_u] is definitely usable. I think its totally cute!

Here in [name_m]Oz[/name_m] I think it is safe to say that [name_u]Madison[/name_u] is dated.

I’d rather a name that is not too common right now, so dated is fine by me. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wish the meaning of the name was different!

@Mumma also its more dated in the sense its a teenager name the oldest [name_u]Madison[/name_u] I know would be 18 maybe? It’s like my own name or [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] it wouldn’t be shocking to see on a young baby but you wouldn’t expect it.[name_u]Madison[/name_u] is very common if you look on the NSW chart which I linked before it is dropping and peaked 2000-2004 its more likely to be my brother or sisters class mates then someone at my mums daycare. I prefer [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] but thats also top 100 (66)

While it is a very popular name here in the US, and means “[name_m]Son[/name_m] of [name_f]Maud[/name_f]” I have a 9 year old cousin named [name_u]Madison[/name_u] so I see no problem with it personally. I wouldn’t use it though because of it’s meaning, and popularity, but it’s up to you. I do think it sounds nice just the same. I definitely prefer [name_u]Madison[/name_u] over [name_f]Maddison[/name_f].

Well I for one love it and I prefer [name_u]Madison[/name_u] but [name_f]Maddison[/name_f] is super cute too - I don’t really think it matters. I don’t think the gender barrier will matter as it can easily be shortened to [name_f]Maddy[/name_f], [name_f]Mady[/name_f] or [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] which is totally girly.

Overused…