Thoughts on Michaias

Hello Berries!

What are your thoughts on the name Michaias? [name_m]How[/name_m] would you pronounce it? Would it be a good honor name for [name_u]Michael[/name_u]?

I’d love to hear your opinions. :slight_smile:

Would have many pronunciation issues; sounds made up. It’s like [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] but just doesn’t sound like a real name to me.

1 Like

What a gorgeous name! At first glance I said ‘muh-kye-us’ and then paying closer attention ‘mi-kye-us’. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

1 Like

Welcome to Nameberry!!

I really like the name and it could absolutely honor a [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. It’s unusual but has familiar sounds. I’d pair it with a more expected name myself but I think it’s versatile enough to account for any style!

1 Like

Hello Pomerose :slight_smile:

Out of all the Biblical names that share a root with [name_u]Michael[/name_u], this one isn’t my favorite. I would rather opt for [name_u]Micah[/name_u] or [name_u]Micaiah[/name_u], but Michaias is not entirely unfamiliar and it’s interesting because unless people are scholars on the prophets, it will be a surprising and unusual name.

I would pronounce it MEE-tscha-eeuhs.

1 Like

I’d pronounce it mick-kye-us and i quite like the flow

1 Like

Mick-kye-us. I really like it and think it works to honor [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. Machias might work also (mah-CHI-as).

1 Like

I would pronounce it mick-EYE-iss.

Not my personal preference, but nothing wrong with it. Yes, it could definitely honour a [name_u]Michael[/name_u]!

1 Like

I’d say it mi-KYE-us. I think it’s very handsome!

1 Like

Here’s a long overdue thank you to everyone who responded and gave their input! I truly appreciate it. It was helpful to get some feelers/opinions for a name I plan on using.

From my research, Michaias is the (Biblical) Greek form of [name_u]Micah[/name_u] or [name_m]Michaiah[/name_m]. There doesn’t seem to be too much information about it. I think it’s supposed to be pronounced (miy-khaiy-as) based off my 5-minute research on the Greek alphabet, but could definitely be wrong about that. I am glad your guesses are not far off from how I would pronounce it. :slight_smile:

Also, a big thanks for welcoming me! I have followed for a quite a while now and I absolutely adore the NameBerry community! :heart:

1 Like

This is the first time I spotted this thread. Did you look at this website?

1 Like

@shells15 Yes, that was one of the websites I came across when trying to find more information. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I’m sorry, but it looks unpleasant to me, with a congested spelling.

I love [name_m]Milosz[/name_m], [name_u]Michel[/name_u], [name_u]Mica[/name_u], [name_m]Mick[/name_m], [name_m]Miguel[/name_m], even Michaelmas, but can’t get into Michaias.

1 Like

@Harvest-Endellion I appreciate your honest feedback. I have played around with different spellings and similar names, but keep going back to Michaias. We shall see. :slight_smile: Thanks for the name suggestions.