Thoughts on Molly?

I prefer [name_f]Mary[/name_f] too… I am not into drugs, but [name_f]Molly[/name_f] is too closely associated with MDMA in my mind. It’s a bright, Irish name, but what I just mentioned is unshakeable for me.

Mary is lovely. It sounds soft and sweet and makes me think of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u].

1 Like

Molly is adorable. [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is so old and boring. Yes, [name_f]Molly[/name_f] could refer to ecstasy… but that is not my immediate association.

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Molly[/name_f] is very sweet and cozy, but I also love [name_f]Mary[/name_f]! You can always use [name_f]Mary[/name_f] nn [name_f]Molly[/name_f].

There are quite a few names that can be connected to drugs, but I don’t think it’s a big deal; it’s not the strongest association!

1 Like

Molly reminds me of english child literature. There was some Mollies/Mollys in [name_f]Enid[/name_f] Blyton’s books, also in [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], and in [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] I think…

It’s a cozy, nice, pretty name. I always prefer names with nicknames, so my choice would be [name_f]Mary[/name_f] nn [name_f]Molly[/name_f].

I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Molly[/name_f]. The name would stand out among all the Avas, Emmas, Kayleys…

1 Like