Thoughts on my new favourites?!

Hello

Have just completed my new top 10 after some major reconstruction some new additions that have never been on my list are suddenly there (hello [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] & Joshua) whereas some golden oldies have gone such as [name_u]Hazel[/name_u], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_u]River[/name_u] & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] as despite being wonderful I can’t see myself using them. Other names have gone due to family members laying claim to them such as [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] & [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. Middle names are up in the air as per usual but will be using some names that I saw as a first name in the middle name slot due to nickname issues such as [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] & [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. Anyways I’m rambling what are your thoughts on the names! [name_f]Do[/name_f] they work with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]? What are your favourites and what would you ditch?

Quick mention about [name_f]Rose[/name_f] I love her but she’ll most likely be a middle name and a variant of [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Currently I have [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] as a middle option for both [name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] but I couldn’t not have her on my shortlist. [name_f]My[/name_f] love for [name_f]Rose[/name_f] lives on :rose:

Thank you

1 Like

I think your list is lovely! [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorites with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] would be [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] for sisters, and [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]Forest[/name_u], and [name_u]Henry[/name_u] for brothers.

Personally, I would drop [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], at least from the first name list, because the shared -lia ending with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] feels a little too close for me. I also think [name_u]Leo[/name_u] might be a little too close as a first name (but I do absolutely love Leo!).

1 Like

All girl names work with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] I feel.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]: 9/10. Timeless name and very sweet.
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]: 6/10. I used to have [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] very high on my list. Much of that charm has no faded away but nonetheless, it’s a nice name.
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]: 6/10. Ditto. I used to prefer it over [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] but now I’m back to liking [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. Won’t use either of them because of their popularity.
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]: 9/10. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the floral + mythology connotations
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]: 10/10! One of my favourite names.
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]: 10/10! Another one of my favourites. It’s sort of a GP for me right now.
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]: 8/10. This is one of my more ‘Names only for NB’ names. I like it though.
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f]: 8/10. I have recently startes warming up to [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] was a nickname I had way back (for another name, I may add). They look cute.

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]: 10/10! I used to not like this name before but now I have started to love it.
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]: 5/10. I never got the appeal of this name. It’s okay to use. Works fine with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f].
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]: 3/10. Three points for it’s compatibility with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f].
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]: 2/10. It’s really meh for me and I don’t see if it works with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] but if you like it go for it.
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]: 9/10. I love sibsets with alliterative initials so [name_u]Leo[/name_u] & [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] are a delight! [name_f]Awesome[/name_f] name.
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]: 4/10. Pales in comparison with the fresh [name_f]Lilia[/name_f].
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]: 4/10. Same
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]: 1/10. Reminds me of salmon & salmonella. I much prefer [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] if it’s q choice. [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] are levels apart
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]: 9/10. [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] and [name_u]Forest[/name_u] are a brilliant sibset.
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]: 9/10. See above

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] I could help!

1 Like

@EagleEyes thank you for your response and positive feedback also I do see your point about ‘lia’ endings for both names being a bit too matchy.

@AStudyIn_Scarlet thank you for your feedback your individual responses is really honest and appreciated.

2 Likes

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] feels like a name I very much associate with you! Sweet but strong

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is a delight. Clear and bright

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is stylish and sleek

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] is okay but I’ve met so, so many that it doesn’t shine for me

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] is bubbly and vintage

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is sharp but sweet

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is clunky cute and cool

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is bold and pretty. I can’t quite decide if I love it next to [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] though

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is so stylish and sleek

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] is sharp and cool -love this for you

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is beautiful, gentle and lovely

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] is nice in sound and vibe but I feel meh about it because i taught so many

[name_m]Abel[/name_m] is warm and cute

[name_u]Leo[/name_u] is sparky and bright

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] is quite classic -i’ve only met one little [name_m]Joshua[/name_m]

[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] is a solid and versatile name but it reminds me of [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] from BBC Casualty and that spoils it for me entirely, but i think that’s probably very specific and personal

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] is calming yet bold. Unexpected with [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] but I enjoy it

[name_u]Forest[/name_u] is so rugged and earthy. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it

[name_u]Henry[/name_u] is one of those popular names that still shines for me. Gentle yet tough

1 Like

@Greyblue thank you [name_f]Grace[/name_f] for continuously responding to my questions it’s really kind of you! I feel like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is definitely a name associated with me honestly I talk about her way tooooo much! Also Your commentary on [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] made me smile I haven’t seen casualty in years my Grandma used to love it. Thank you :two_hearts:

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u]: [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
Like: [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_u]Leo[/name_u], [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
Not for me: [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], [name_u]Forest[/name_u]

I really like your style!

1 Like

@greengirl11 thank you for the feedback & positivity over my naming style :tada:

What a wonderful top ten!

[name_f]Rose[/name_f]: I understand your love for this timeless, elegant name. It’s delicate, but strong at the same time. Dreamy and down to earth. So well balanced. It completely deserve to be in your top ten, even though you can’t use it as a first.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]: Same impression as [name_f]Rose[/name_f], a very well balanced name that feels timeless and elegant. I love the meaning (bright, clear) and the Christmassy vibe because of the Nutcracker reference.

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]: Another timeless classic. It feels less delicate and more strong that [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (which is not a bad thing). I picture a strong willed intelligent woman.

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]: [name_u]An[/name_u] international classic and a favorite of mine for years. I know a lot of people think it’s too popular, and it may be true in a lot of countries, but not in my area. I know a couple, but they are not the same age and don’t live close.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]: A gentle nature name with a gentle vibe. A friend of mine named her daughter like that and she’s adorable. She loves to go outside and discover the world. Her name just suits her. I imagine a nice girl who’s very diplomatic.

[name_f]Iris[/name_f]: This one feels similar to [name_f]Rose[/name_f] again, but it’s less common and therefore, a little bit more edgy. [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] meaning (rainbow)!! I love the sound and look of this name.

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]: It’s feels like the name of a character in a children story (which is a good thing for me, because most names on my short list come from childhood literature and movies). It feels young and bright.

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]: I don’t know why, but I don’t know how to describe this name. No particular style comes to my mind.

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]: A long romantic name! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the NN [name_f]Evie[/name_f] :heart:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites to go with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] are [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] (in that order).

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]: Like [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], I don’t associate that name with any particular style. Maybe it’s just because I haven’t met anyone with the name. I associate it with you however :slightly_smiling_face:

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]: [name_f]Vintage[/name_f] and biblical, with a strong vibe. I imagine someone who stands his ground.

[name_u]Noah[/name_u]: One of my favorite biblical name. It feels gentle, calm, down to earth, I love it.

[name_m]Abel[/name_m]: Same impression as [name_u]Noah[/name_u]!

[name_u]Leo[/name_u]: Such a wonderful name. Timeless and international, beautiful sound, well balanced. It’s my favorite in your list. As other pointed out, the sound of this name is similar to [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]. Personally, I like them together.

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]: I like the sound of this one. I imagine someone with a bright personality. It feels more modern to me compare to your other boy names.

[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]: Like [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_m]Abel[/name_m] :slightly_smiling_face:

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]: The opposite of [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] - feels older (not a bad thing, just different) and I imagine a boy with a calmer nature.

[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]: Bohemian nature name, really gentle.

[name_u]Henry[/name_u]: How could you go wrong with such a strong classic!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites to pair with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] are [name_m]Abel[/name_m], [name_u]Leo[/name_u], [name_u]Henry[/name_u], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] and [name_u]Noah[/name_u] (in that order, again). I know you really like eurochic vibe. Considering this particular style, I would go with either [name_u]Leo[/name_u] or [name_u]Henry[/name_u].

Commenting your top then made me realize how versatile [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is. It can feel classic, bohemian or modern. You can choose your style with the next name you will use, which is really fun!

1 Like

@Camelia thank you so so so much for your thoughtful incredibly detailed feedback for my top 10 it’s really kind and hearing the positivity surrounding my names is so lovely :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

You’re welcome! I realized how long it was after posting it. [name_u]Happy[/name_u] you liked how detailed it was :smiling_face:

1 Like

Honestly so kind of you @Camelia!!!

I absolutely adore Rose and Clara! Flora, Marigold, Cordelia, and Forest are all so lovely as well!

1 Like

I think you have a good, solid list. The list seems to have a great, cohesive style throughout it.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Iris[/name_f] & [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], and my favourite sibling duos would be [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] & [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] (so bright and sunny!), and [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] and [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]. The only one I don’t think would work as well with sister [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], is [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] due to the double -ilia / -elia endings.

1 Like

@may.rose thank you for your feedback : )

@Sunniva thank you for your feedback I also agree that [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] & [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is gorgeous so sunny it’s also lovely to hear you like [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] & [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] as that’s a most likely sibling set