thoughts on my short list?

These are our favorites for our future daughter. Last name has 3 syllables. We don’t want something too “out there” but we don’t want her sharing a name with 5 other kids in her class. Also, I’m new to this so if you need more info just ask!
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]

opinions? suggestions? ideas for middle names? thanks!

just had to comment on this… my friend has three girls called [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]! haha
of your names, those three are my favourites. none will have problems with mispronunciation and all are unusual enough to be distinct.
for middle names can i suggest:
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Georgette[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Serena[/name]/[name]Serafina[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Maybel[/name]/[name]Mirabel[/name]

I also like [name]Lydia[/name] a lot, but think it is less special and stand out than the other three. :slight_smile:
good luck! not sure if these names are your style, but am hoping one or two help you out.

Thank you so much! I liked all of your suggestions, especially [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Helena[/name], and [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. That’s so funny about your friend!

[name]Liliana[/name] - Pretty name that’s rising on the popularity ladder (it’s about 105th in the US - statistics as per BabyName [name]Wizard[/name] website. Of course, national figures don’t always give an accurate reading. It largely depends on the area in which you live).
[name]Tessa[/name] - Frilly and feminine. It’s not really my style but many parents are choosing it. In [name]America[/name], it’s almost in the top 200 names in popularity now.
[name]Eliza[/name] - Spunky name that surprisingly is not as popular as [name]Liliana[/name] & [name]Tessa[/name] (In the top 300). Does it flow well with your 3-syllable surname?
[name]Ivy[/name] - I love this name. It has reached the top 200 in the US. I think a one or two-syllable name would would better with your 3-syllable last name.
[name]Gabriella[/name] - Top 35 girls name in the US. Not a fan.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - Classic, timeless, elegant and ladylike - My fave from your list even if it is in the top 100 now! Some names just never go out of style.
[name]Lydia[/name] - I like this name but it’s inching toward the top 100.
If you’re worried about popularity, go with [name]Tessa[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name].
A name that I would chose even if it’s popular: [name]Charlotte[/name]
A name that I would choose even if it’s rising in popularity: [name]Ivy[/name]
If you love any of these names, then don’t worry and choose it anyway. But do check your local birth announcements to see what’s rising in your neck of the woods.
Other suggestions
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

First, welcome to nameberry!
Had to comment because I’ve always thought [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] make the perfect sister set!
however, my dds is [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Kaia[/name] and if I ever have another girl, [name]Ivy[/name] is a strong contender. [name]Even[/name] tho I think [name]Eliza[/name] matches so nicely, I don’t even like it. Lol but id still recommend it to someone else.
So my favorites are obviously [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]! Great names!

Thanks for the feedback! We’re taking [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Liliana[/name] off the list because DH worries they will automatically be shortened to [name]Gabby[/name] and [name]Lily[/name]. I am not a fan of [name]Gabby[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] is just way too popular.

I love your naming style! [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], and [name]Lydia[/name] are my favs. [name]Charlotte[/name] is too popular for me. My husband nixed [name]Tessa[/name] (his boss’ name) and [name]Eliza[/name] (my screwy aunt’s name). I still love [name]Ivy[/name], and I think [name]Lydia[/name] (nn [name]Lydie[/name]) is adorable. [name]Both[/name] work well for a kid and an adult. I think my top 3 are [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], and [name]Lydia[/name]. See what works with your last name? And make sure the initials don’t spell anything weird. (We were considering a name that spelled OAR - not bad, but we are going to rethink!)

great name list! I love the name [name]Tessa[/name], sooo pretty. I also love the name [name]Charlotte[/name] but do you like the nn’s [name]Charlie[/name] and lottie? I like the name in full the best.

And I agree about taking the name [name]Gabriella[/name] off…it’s very pretty but if you don’t like the nn [name]Gabby[/name] I would stay away because most people (at least in our generation) are going to automatically call her [name]Gabby[/name] and you are going to have to correct them.