Thoughts on my top 10! šŸƒ

Iā€™ve put together my top 10 girl names, and I would love some feedback. Which is your favourite? which is your least?
Would appreciate your thoughts on them all. :green_heart:
TIA!

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Capri[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f]
[name_f]Kateri[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
Xx

6 Likes

You have a great list!

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - Sooo pretty! I think itā€™s such a great substitute for the already popular Isabella/Isabel
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - I like this name. It gives me spunky/fun kind of vibes. I love both of the pronunciations as well!
[name_f]Capri[/name_f] - Iā€™m not too big of a fan of it but I think it fits your list
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] - I like this one as well. It gives me the same vibes as [name_f]Elena[/name_f] and I think itā€™s heard of but not common
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] - I really like this spelling! I think itā€™s better than [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Kateri[/name_f] - Such a cool name! I think itā€™s also a great substitute for Kate/Katrina
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] love love this! [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is such a simple name but I like the sounds and just how frilly/pretty it looks! Overall itā€™s such a great name
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] - Super stunning! The sounds, spelling, all of it is great
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] - Iā€™m not too big of a fan but it still looks pretty nice
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] - Such a timeless, vintagey name! I really like it

Overall my favorites are either [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] or [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and my least favorite is maybe [name_f]Soleil[/name_f]

I hope this helps! :two_hearts:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my favorite to least favorite rankings:

Elena-This is such a gorgeous name. I feel like itā€™s slightly princess-y, but also feels romantic and sophisticated. Like, sheā€™s an elegant smart princess; not a fussy one. Itā€™s slightly exotic; just the right amount. And I love the nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], despite the popularity.

Soleil-This is lovely. Itā€™s unique and artsy and elegant and gives off a very cool celestial vibe. Itā€™s a bit tricky to spell and pronounce if youā€™re not [name_u]French[/name_u] or a name nerd, but worth it for such a nice name.

Francesca-This is fancy but almost a bold fancy, which makes it better. Itā€™s pretty and well known but not too popular. I mainly love it for the nns [name_f]Franny[/name_f] & [name_f]Francie[/name_f].

Sylvie-I love the pixie vibe of this. Itā€™s really fun to look at and say. I know that [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is completely legit on its own, but I really feel like it feels too nick-name-y. I prefer [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. Either way, itā€™s really darling.

Marianne-Iā€™m a little torn here. I super love [name_u]Marian[/name_u]. Is this said the same or is it more Mary-An? The latter pronunciation is still a nice unexpected choice, but I donā€™t like it as much. It feels a little dated.

Imogen-This is nice. I feel like itā€™s very smart and clean, if that makes sense. I like it in theory more than I like saying it out loud, but itā€™s a cool name none the less. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nn [name_f]Idgie[/name_f], but also [name_f]Imee[/name_f], [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] & [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] are cute.

Lucie-Iā€™m being picky about spellings again. I would probably have put this higher if it had been [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] looks off. But saying it out loud, Loo-see is very sweet and classic. As much as I like it, I have a hard time picturing it on anyone over the age of nine.

Isadora-I like [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] a lot, but something about [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] feels kind of heavy. Itā€™s still an interesting perfectly pleasant name. You can do the nn [name_f]Idgie[/name_f] here too! I also like [name_u]Izzy[/name_u].

Kateri-Iā€™m not sure that I care for this. I canā€™t figure out how to say it, but just not a fan of the way it looks anyway.

Carpi-I donā€™t care for this one. Feels kind of ditzy.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I canā€™t decide between [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] or [name_f]Elena[/name_f]! I also like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], although I prefer [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]. You have several pretty names in your top ten!

1 Like

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - This is totally my weird personal personal preference, but the -dora sound just doesnā€™t sound good me. I prefer [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] (despite it being overused), or even [name_m]Isadore[/name_m].

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - super pretty nameā€” it gives off kind of princess-y vibes without being frilly and long. Has a lovely meaning!

[name_f]Capri[/name_f] - not sure about this one. I donā€™t love it, and I donā€™t hate it. I think it has potential for really pretty pairings, though.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] - it doesnā€™t have a very nice flow to it, so it isnā€™t my fav.

[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] - simple and sweet. I like it, though I can see it being commonly misspelled as [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

[name_f]Kateri[/name_f] - Iā€™ve been saying this over and over to myself, trying to figure out if I like the sound of it. I think it sounds interesting and sharp, and I like the meaning. Not a name I would personally use.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] - I love this name! Especially as a nn for Sylvia; it sounds so sweet and silvery.

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] - mmm, this name isnā€™t for me. It sounds rather choppy, and I have a general dislike for F names. :woman_shrugging:

[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] - sounds, well, sunny and lovely! I honestly have a hard time imagining it on a child, but I still love it.

[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] - has a distinct, somewhat old-fashioned vibe but itā€™s a pretty name. I have a wonderful great-aunt with this name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] fav would have to be [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], but [name_f]Elena[/name_f] is a close second! Least fav is [name_f]Francesca[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] fave is [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], but also [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] least fave is [name_f]Kateri[/name_f]

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - gorgeous, adventurous and lovely

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - pretty and bubbly

[name_f]Capri[/name_f] - sparky and stylish

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] - warm and strong

[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] -pretty and lovely, elegant without frills

[name_f]Kateri[/name_f] - reminds me of a cattery :grin: but then I do like [name_f]Katri[/name_f], so idk

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] - sleek and stylish

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] -full of flair and elegance but not fussy

[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] - sunny, sweet and fun

[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] -solid and sharp but friendly too

1 Like

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]: I used to only like this spelling and dislike [name_f]Isidora[/name_f]. I think I lean slightly towards the latter now, but theyā€™re both nice. It makes me think of [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_m]Duncan[/name_m].
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]: feels flat and unispiring. I strongly prefer [name_f]Helena[/name_f].
[name_f]Capri[/name_f]: dangerously similar to capricious.
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]: nice. Shakespearean and vaguely mysterious.
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f]: I dislike it and prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] strongly.
[name_f]Kateri[/name_f]: reminds me of catering. I donā€™t like it much.
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]: very sweet. I can never decide between [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f].
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]: good name. [name_f]Lively[/name_f], energetic, evergreen.
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]: feels silly for a girl, considering itā€™s a masculine noun in [name_u]French[/name_u]. Either way, it reminds me of soles - both soles of feet and the fish.
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]: lovely. Reminds me of what is perhaps my favourite song of all time, [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] Cohenā€™s So [name_m]Long[/name_m], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] and my least favourite is [name_f]Capri[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - I like it, itā€™s uncommon but sounds familiar given the popularity of [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - I like it but I think it can get confused for or mispronounced as [name_f]Elaina[/name_f] (I thought it was pronounced that way for years :see_no_evil: )

[name_f]Capri[/name_f]- Iā€™m not a fan, it makes me think of capris (the type of pants) and [name_f]Capri[/name_f] Suns

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] - I like it, itā€™s spunky and uncommon with plenty of nickname potential.

[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] - I like it but I prefer the [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] spelling

[name_f]Kateri[/name_f] - Its an uncommon name with familiarity given itā€™s similarities to [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_f]Katrina[/name_f] and other similar names so I see the appeal but I worry about cultural appropriation with it (not knowing your race or ethnicity so I could be wrong!) since it is a Native American name.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] - I like it, itā€™s a very sweet name.

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] - I really like it. Itā€™s spunky and uncommon with lots of nickname potential.

[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] - Itā€™s a pretty name but I think there could be issues mispronouncing and misspelling it.

[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] - I really like it. Itā€™s classic but this spelling feels more modern than [name_f]Maryanne[/name_f] or Mary-Anne.

Overall my favorites are [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like the geographic connections, the summery vibe and spunk of [name_f]Capri[/name_f], however it does remind me of [name_f]Capri[/name_f] [name_u]Sun[/name_u] (Probably depends on location as to whether this is a big association though).

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] are my favourites, chic, vintage and bright. I also like [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f].

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] and [name_f]Elena[/name_f] are probably my least favourites. Both simply arenā€™t as exciting to me anymore, although they are pretty names nonetheless.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] and Sylvie!!! [name_f]My[/name_f] least favorite are [name_f]Capri[/name_f], [name_f]Kateri[/name_f], and [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] which just arenā€™t my style. I like all the others! I think many of the names would work really well as sisters.

1 Like

From my favourite to least favourite:

[name_f]Capri[/name_f] - love it! It feels so fresh and summery!

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] - feels very unique yet familiar where I live, Iā€™ve always had a soft spot for [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]!

[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] - love the summer feel it gives me, but despite living in a dual language country where [name_u]French[/name_u] is one of our national languages, there is a shocking amount who pronounce this as Sol-eel. :woozy_face:

[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] - love Lucy/Lucie, this spelling might trip some people up/result in corrections (not sure how much that would bother you, if at all!)

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], it feels so classy. [name_f]My[/name_f] niece was very nearly named this! I think itā€™s lovely.

[name_f]Kateri[/name_f] - this is unique but sounds very sweet! I like the historical connection to it as well!

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - I like the look and sound, but the way itā€™s pronounced where I live is identical to [name_f]Alaina[/name_f], so I often mix the two up!

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - I like this as an alternative to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], but itā€™s not my favourite name ever. It feels a bit heavy for my liking.

[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] - Again, not my favourite. I love dated names, and this one is very much tied to my parentsā€™ generation, but I prefer a lot of other [name_f]Mary[/name_f] names to [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]!

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] - Iā€™ve never been able to love this one for some reason! It just feels very overhyped sometimes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]! [name_f]Elena[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] are so sweet. I feel like you have an elegant and beautiful top ten!

1 Like

All of these names are honestly really nice. The only name I wouldnā€™t immediately know how to pronounce is [name_f]Kateri[/name_f], so I would say thatā€™s the least favorite of mine.

Favorites are [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Capri[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]. I love pretty much all variants of [name_f]Helen[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], and [name_u]Anne[/name_u], so these were easy sells for me. [name_f]Elena[/name_f] is so pretty and graceful, [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is strong and has a bunch of adorable nickname options, and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] is old-fashioned but lovely.

[name_f]My[/name_f] least favorites are [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] (I just really do not like the sound) and [name_f]Capri[/name_f] (I think of the pants, and it seems more trendy and less wearable than a lot of the other names on your list).

As for the other names:

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]: This is a fine name, but not as special to me as some of the others on your list. I like the [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] association.
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f]: I think I prefer the spelling [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], but itā€™s a nice name!
[name_f]Kateri[/name_f]: I hadnā€™t heard this before but it sounds very pretty and I like most names in the [name_f]Kat[/name_f]- family.
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]: [name_f]Pretty[/name_f] and spunky/bright.
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]: pretty sound and imagery!

I think this is a really solid list. There are only two I donā€™t really like and I think everything else is both very nice sounding and usable.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] - So beautiful without being unnecessarily frilly, cute nicknames, recognizable but not common

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] - I donā€™t know where you are, but I wish this would pick up just a little bit more steam in the US. I think itā€™s super cute but wearable at any age!
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - One of the better [name_u]Isa[/name_u]- names. Again that sweet spot of familiar but not common
[name_f]Kateri[/name_f] - Iā€™m glad to see this name getting some love because I met a [name_f]Kateri[/name_f] when I was maybe 14 and have always admired how pretty her name is!
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] - Normally this would be a little old-fashioned for my taste but for some reason Iā€™ve always had a soft spot for [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] and I think itā€™s ready for a comeback!

Meh
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - Itā€™s fine, but pronunciation and spelling issues abound
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] - I actually prefer this spelling to [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], but especially compared to the other names on your list itā€™s not very exciting
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] - I do like it, but I worry about its usability; it almost feels like you have to be some type of special, notable person to wear it, if that makes sense?? Like if I was a regular [name_u]Joe[/name_u] and my name was [name_f]Soleil[/name_f], Iā€™d feelā€¦ like I wasnā€™t living up to what I should be. I donā€™t know how to put that into words, lol.
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] - Cute

Lose
[name_f]Capri[/name_f] - [name_f]Capri[/name_f] pants and [name_f]Capri[/name_f] Suns, neither of which Iā€™d enjoy being named after. Itā€™s just a word to me, like naming your child Jeans or Basket.

1 Like

you have such a nice list!! :white_heart:

isadora ~ i love isadora! so pretty and sparkly :sparkles: it has a familiar sound without being crazy popular, and itā€™s also recognizable!
elena ~ elena has a wonderful meaning! it has a few different pronunciations, but i donā€™t think thatā€™s too big of a deal.
capri ~ i like the -i ending!
imogen ~ imogen is so lovely! it has a very unique sound and some cool nickname options.
lucie ~ i love lucie, itā€™s so pretty. the -ie ending is lovely!
kateri ~ iā€™m not the biggest fan of kateri, but i like the -i ending.
sylvie ~ sylvie is not really my style! but i can see the appeal with it being vintage and having a nice meaning.
francesca ~ i adore francesca! itā€™s so lovely, and has some super cute nickname options.
soleil ~ i prefer sol, but i can see the appeal! it goes well with your other names imo.
marianne ~ i like marianne! itā€™s lovely and literary, and iā€™d love to meet a young marianne irl.

1 Like

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]~ [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! I think it is a great substitute to [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] / [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]!

[name_f]Elena[/name_f]~ [name_u]Love[/name_u] the pronunciation of EE-lay-na! I think it has a lot of sparkle and style to it!

[name_f]Capri[/name_f]~ I like this name! I think it sounds spunky and fun, but I do associate it with capri pants. That said, I like the name itself a lot!

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]~ Neutral: donā€™t hate, donā€™t love. Itā€™s one of those names imo that is a really specific preference, but I think it fits with your list!

[name_f]Lucie[/name_f]~ I love the sound, but I prefer the [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] spelling.

[name_f]Kateri[/name_f]~ [name_u]Love[/name_u] this! I think of St. [name_f]Kateri[/name_f], who Iā€™ve always thought was a beautiful role model. I love this, especially paired with [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] from your list!

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]~ Never heard of this name before NB, and I like it a lot. Itā€™s better than [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] imo.

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]~ Feels a little clunky in the best way possible! A little dated with the nicknames [name_u]Fran[/name_u] / [name_f]Franny[/name_f], but I think itā€™s cute with the nickname Frenchie. Very fancy!

[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]~ I love this name!! It feels very mystical and charmingā€” very magical! I love the pronunciation (I originially thought it was SO-lee-il, which I donā€™t like) as it gives it a sunny, witchy vibe!

[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]~ I think this spelling puts the dated form of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] in a super cute form! I really enjoy this name and I think it should have been a part of the ā€œvintage names revivalā€!!

In order~

1. [name_f]Elena[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] & [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] (tied)
  5. [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] (would be #1 spelled Lucy)
  6. [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Kateri[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Capri[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
1 Like

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] ā€¢ the name is regal and unusual so I give it a 10/10
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] ā€¢ internationally common but still timeless and exotic nonetheless 10/10
[name_f]Capri[/name_f] ā€¢ short and sweet + cute and chipper sounding 8/10
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] ā€¢ itā€™s okay, I prefer [name_f]Imogene[/name_f] 6/10
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] ā€¢ this spelling is far nicer looking than [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is but I have never been a fan of this name itā€™s too young child for me 3/10
[name_f]Kateri[/name_f] ā€¢ unique 9/10
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] ā€¢ I like thia group of names but like [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] far better and have never given this one mich consideration 5/10
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] ā€¢ gorgeous 10/10
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] ā€¢ beautiful 10/10
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] ā€¢ classically pretty 9/10

1 Like

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], itā€™s really pretty and sounds strong at the same time.

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - I donā€™t mind [name_f]Elena[/name_f], like the pronunciation Eh-Lay-na more than E-lee-na. It gives me a cool-strong feeling.

[name_f]Capri[/name_f] - it gives me really nice summer beach feelings, but as someone else said there could be associations depending on where you are

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] - I know a lot of berries really like [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] but I just havenā€™t been able to yet, I think the sound puts me off. Itā€™s a lovely name though.

[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] - Iā€™m a bit biased on this one because itā€™s my real name, but Iā€™m very happy being a [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] rather than [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. People do misspell it, but itā€™s very easy to correct and has never been a big issue.

[name_f]Kateri[/name_f] - Iā€™ve never heard [name_f]Kateri[/name_f] before, Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m pronouncing it correctly but i like that itā€™s unique.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] - really like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]! it has a beautiful sound, itā€™s a very timeless name. I prefer it to [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f].

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] - Itā€™s not my style but I absolutely love the nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]!

[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Soleil[/name_f]! [name_m]Ive[/name_m] had it on my list for quite some time. I like itā€™s meaning as well.

[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] - Really pretty. I think itā€™s a very nice version of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - has a lovely sound, but I canā€™t warm up to it.
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - this is just beautiful, and one of my favourites. Itā€™s gorgeous.
[name_f]Capri[/name_f] - I just canā€™t see this as a name, sorry
:frowning:
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] - very pretty, and uncommon.
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] - Iā€™m not a fan of this spelling. I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], or even [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] NN [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] would be beautiful.
[name_f]Kateri[/name_f] - lovely, I like it as a MN only though.
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] - so lovely! I love it on its own or as a NN for [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f].
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] - feminine and stylish. This has grown on me.
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f] - Iā€™d prefer it as a middle name.
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] - old fashioned, but it is beautiful and feminine name.

HTH. :slight_smile:

1 Like