Thoughts on Noelle? Agree with Nameberry description?

I think you’re spot-on. [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is also a very liquid name, which will sound nice with a Korean/Chinese/Taiwanese middle, as those names often have lots of hard consonants (Ks, Gs, Xs, and so on).

Another [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]-y name you might like is [name_f]Emmanuelle[/name_f]? Same sounds, a little less obvious? Otherwise, [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is a fine choice.

@blade - Thanks for your input! And you are spot-on with the region :smiley:

I love [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]! - any time of year. I don’t agree at all with ‘tacky’. I think it’s glamorous and sweet… different but familiar! :smiley:

I think [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is sleek and feminine without being overly frilly. I would definitely be excited to meet a [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]. As for the idea of it being ‘tacky’ for [name_u]December[/name_u] baby, I think it would be more awkward to be born any other time of year with the name [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]. As long as your baby isn’t born on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], you should be fine. On [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] might be a little cheesy. I think [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is super sweet. It is familiar and but not commonly used (other people pronouncing & spelling it will be easier! That’s always a plus). I think it’s pretty awesome!

Thanks! That’s what I think as well :smiley:

Thank you! I also like [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] for not being overly frilly which is why I was surprised by Nameberry’s description.

I love some of the names in your signature! [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is on my list…even though my husband has already vetoed it :frowning: and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] used to be my number one girls name! Until our friends used it. It was devastating!! ha ha.

I love [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], and yes, I think it’s most appropriate for a holiday-season baby. I happen to be a sucker for time-of-the-year type names, and I think it’s so pretty and perfect. Double barreling it would also be pretty; I always thought [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] would be perfect (Nutcracker reference too), as would [name_f]Holly[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] (even though it’s a little holiday-heavy, I still like it!)

[name_f]Nolie[/name_f] is also a really cute nickname that could be used for anyone who thinks the full name has a heavy sound because of the syllabic emphasis.

I don’t think there’s anything tacky or cheesy about it.

Eh, part of the niche appeal of Nameberry is their pop-culture op-eds. One of the two webmasters of Nameberry was a fashion magazine editors before launching this site, and her roots show sometimes. Take it all with a grain of salt. Personally, I think that review ends up being more [name_m]OTT[/name_m] than [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] itself, lol.

I’ve actually met two Noelles in my life. They are probably about age 30 and 12 now. I always assumed that they were born at [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]. If I had a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] baby, I’d be sorely tempted to use [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], as in the carol, but it sounds like that won’t work with the other specifications you have for the middle name. I also like [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]/[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] for a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] baby – never can get behind it for a LO due at another time of the year.

I have never met a [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], and I do not think it is tacky. However, I don’t think it is feminine, as it reminds me of [name_u]Noel[/name_u]. I think if you love it, go for it!

I have a bad association with [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] but used to love this name. I think it’s nice on a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] baby but I kind of like themed names. I think it has a pretty sound and pretty sounding nicknames.

Thank you all for the feedback! It’s so interesting to hear everyone’s thoughts.

@famingo - I love the nickname [name_f]Nolie[/name_f]! So cute :slight_smile:

@saracita00 - That’s good info to know for understanding Nameberry. I guess I was disappointed because I usually agree with their opinions of names.

I don’t disagree with their description, but I also really like the name! I prefer it on a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] baby, but it can work any time of year. I don’t think of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] as soon as I hear the name.

It’s pretty, easy to say and spell, recognizable but not very common ([name_m]Ive[/name_m] only known one), and can use NNs like [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], Noie, etc.

I don’t disagree with their description, but I also really like the name! I prefer it on a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] baby, but it can work any time of year. I don’t think of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] as soon as I hear the name.

It’s pretty, easy to say and spell, recognizable but not very common ([name_m]Ive[/name_m] only known one), and can use NNs like [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], Noie, etc.

I don’t even know what “feminissima” means. To me, [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] and [name_u]Noel[/name_u] are sleek, chic, tragically underused names for a girl and a boy, respectively.