Thoughts on Raelyn(n)?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! So my thirteen year old niece has been trying to help me and my husband brainstorm some more names for our baby due in [name_u]September[/name_u]. This wasn’t a name she suggested but she was telling how many Raelyn’s go to her school and in her class their are two: [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f] and Railin. The name had never really occurred to me so I thought I would ask your opinions on the name. Also how would you spell it if you were to use it? - [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].

2 Likes

As a sound, I like the name. But the way the inventive spellers of the world trash the name, makes me think twice about it.

Personally I’d probably spell it [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f].

1 Like

This name is so overdone where I live and never spelled the same way twice. Pass.

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom wanted to name me this. I am so glad that she didn’t! Her name is [name_f]Rhonda[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u], and it would have been in honor of her. Instead, she choose another family name, [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. I personally am not a fan of [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] in general.

1 Like

One of my best friends growing up was named [name_f]Raelynn[/name_f]. I actually really like the name! I also like it spelled [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f] but prefer it with two n’s just bc that is what i knew.

1 Like

Oh PLEASE not Railin. Whenever I hear Raelynn/Railin, I always think of a staircase railing or the verb railing which means to have s3x. Especially now that word is used so often it will be so embarrassing in the future. [name_m]Even[/name_m] with the [name_f]Raelynn[/name_f] spelling it just looks too trendy and quirky, sorry

3 Likes

It’s not the style of name I’d pick myself but the sounds are recognisable, people should know how to say it and it does sound nice. It’s one of those names where I go ‘that family is probably from the US’. (Raelynn for instance only charts in the US, as does [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f] - no other country has it in their most recent top names. [name_m]Just[/name_m] something to think about.)

I’d probably go with [name_f]Raelynn[/name_f] but either that or [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f] are intuitive enough. I just wouldn’t go with Railin because it looks like you tried to spell railing and stopped, which I don’t like as much.

2 Likes

[name_f]Raelyn[/name_f] reminds me of railing if I’m honest. I’m not the biggest fan but it’s okay

2 Likes

I really like Raelyn(n)! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite spelling is [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f] but I do like [name_f]Raelynn[/name_f].

1 Like

I have a niece named [name_f]Raelynn[/name_f] [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] (her sister is [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] Kendall) and I think it’s very sweet. I would probably spell it [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f] but I am used to [name_f]Raelynn[/name_f] now as well :joy:. I am not a big fan of the Railin spelling though.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] mind goes first to the s3x thing so I don’t like it. [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f] looks best.

2 Likes

No to Railin for the reasons listed. I strongly dislike double N endings, so my preference is [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f].

1 Like

I’m not a fan of this name, personally. To me it just seems like two random names put together and I just don’t enjoy that style of name.

The Railin spelling lends itself to unpleasant word play so I would recommend against it.

1 Like

I kinda like the sound, but I’m not a fan of the look in general. I like [name_u]Rae[/name_u] and Lyn(n) separately, but they’re not for me together, sorry! Railin reminds me of railing a little to much, so I’d spell it either [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f] or maybe Raylyn.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the look or sound, unfortunately. I would spell it [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f].

1 Like

It’s cute but I see it A LOT. Especially down here in [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. I don’t know any adults named [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f] so I’m guessing it’s still a very new, yet trendy name.

1 Like

I haven’t really heard of the name before now but I don’t mind it. I agree with @Momofplenty, I love it the idea of calling her [name_u]Rae[/name_u]!

1 Like

Probably Raelynn, but I wouldn’t use it.

I love [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f]! I think it is so cute but also really out there as well. I would spell it [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f]. If you spell it like Railin you just need to add a g too make railing. That’s just my opinion

I think it’s cute and spunky, but it’s just not really my style. I might use it as a middle though. I would spell it [name_f]Raelynn[/name_f] or [name_f]Raelyn[/name_f]. The Railin spelling kinda reminds me of railing.