Thoughts on Sander?

What are your opinions on the name [name]Sander[/name]? Good, bad or indifferent. My partner loves [name]Zander[/name] but I think [name]Sander[/name] is more mature and traditional sounding. [name]Zander[/name] just seems like we would be trying to hard.

[name]How[/name] would [name]Sander[/name] sound with [name]Andreas[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name]?

The other boys name we like is [name]Julius[/name].

What sounds better?
[name]Andreas[/name], [name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Sander[/name]
or
[name]Andreas[/name], [name]Edmund[/name], and [name]Julius[/name]

I like the look of [name]Andreas[/name], [name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Sander[/name]. I do prefer [name]Sanders[/name] to [name]Sander[/name]. You could always do [name]Alexander[/name] ‘[name]Sander[/name]’ instead of [name]Zander[/name]. Though, it is a bit typical when aside [name]Andreas[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name]. There’s also [name]Anderson[/name] or [name]Anders[/name] but that’s pretty much the same as [name]Andreas[/name].

[name]Julius[/name] is an amazing name, also. Very strong and it fits well. Either name would be good.

What about [name]Lysander[/name], with the nn [name]Sander[/name]? [name]Just[/name] alone, [name]Sander[/name] reminds me of a power tool. I also think [name]Lysander[/name] goes nicely with [name]Andreas[/name] and [name]Edmund[/name].

I must say I also love [name]Julius[/name]!

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I second that suggestion of [name]Lysander[/name]!

I’m not a huge fan of [name]Lysander[/name]. Something about the y really bothers me.

I automatically thought of [name]Lysander[/name] when I saw this post! [name]Alexander[/name] does seem a little mainstream for your tastes. Would you consider [name]Alessandro[/name], or is that too ‘out there’?

Another name you might like is [name]Evander[/name], which I think is fabulous! I also thought [name]Lucius[/name] might work really well with your sib set.

Good luck!

I’ve never watched boxing so [name]Evander[/name] has no other connotations for me! I love the name… I would go for it!

Definitely [name]Andreas[/name], [name]Edmund[/name] and [name]Sander[/name] . I love [name]Sander[/name] as a stand alone name or as a nickname for [name]Alexander[/name] :slight_smile: .

I met a [name]Sander[/name] almost two years ago. I still puzzle about it once in a while! I have debated if it was a surname so many times. I finally decided I hoped so, because otherwise all I can think of it woodworking. It’s so silly, but for some reason this name has stuck in my head as an enigma. It’s not a bad sounding name, but still confusing! To me, it feels like it’s missing some letters somehow, like it should be [name]Sanders[/name] (not any better), [name]Anderson[/name] or [name]Xander[/name] or something.