Thoughts on Serena?

[name]Just[/name] wondering, it was my great, great grandmother’s name, she was a Cherokee indian… her name was [name]Serena[/name] [name]Moriah[/name]. I think it is such a pretty name… but some have said they feel it’s trendy.
Thoughts? [name]Serena[/name], Trendy or Classic (how would she fit with [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katherine[/name])??

Give me some combos with it too, if you would. (Good middle names would be; [name]Joy[/name], [name]Giovanna[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Daniela[/name], [name]Faith[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Marie[/name]) but am open to suggestions.

I don’t find it trendy or classic. Its just one of those frilly names. It is legitimate and has had history, but it has never been popular in any given time for me to peg it as either.

I think it is a very pretty name. Why not just use [name]Serena[/name] [name]Moriah[/name]. I think its gorgeous and I love that it has family significance.

I hate to say that my first thought is the TV show Gossip Girl, so it feels a bit trendy to me. However, I don’t necessarily dislike it. I think the family connection makes it really special and usable.

I have never seen “Gossip Girl”… is it a bad character on the show?

She is the New [name]York[/name] “it” girl who always finds herself in trouble.

I wouldn’t worry about the association, the show is on its last leg anyway.

[name]Serena[/name] [name]Joy[/name] sounds like a happy child.

O.K. thanks for the explination! :slight_smile:

I absolutely love [name]Serena[/name]! It’s so sweet… and serene. It was a serious contender for my list this time around, and I consider it often. I think [name]Serena[/name] would be adorable with your little troop. :slight_smile: I like [name]Serena[/name] [name]Joy[/name] a lot. I’ve considered [name]Serena[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Serena[/name] [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Serena[/name] [name]Felicity[/name], and [name]Serena[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Kate[/name] the most seriously as combos. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I really like the name [name]Serena[/name]. I do not know why people would consider it trendy. I picture such a calm and sweet little girl with this name :slight_smile: Out of your mn list I prefer [name]Serena[/name] [name]Joy[/name], I like that it is such a happy name.

I don’t think it matter’s if it’s trendy or not. If you wanna use it to honor your 3rd great grandmother, then use it!

That said, it does make me think of the tennis player.

A middle name? Hmm…maybe find a Cherokee name for the middle name. [name]Honor[/name] your 3rd great grandmother AND the heritage. Or just go with [name]Serena[/name] [name]Moriah[/name] as suggested. :slight_smile: I see no reason why not if you like it that way.

It’s on my list, I really like the name [name]Serena[/name]. It’s calm, collected, but dashing at the same time.
[name]Serena[/name]'s more glamourous than [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], and [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], but it can work. Probably a more grounded middle name would be appropriate, like [name]Serena[/name] [name]Anne[/name], or [name]Serena[/name] [name]Jade[/name], [name]Serena[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Serena[/name] [name]Faith[/name], [name]Serena[/name] [name]Marie[/name].

On my list I have:
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Odette[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Alexandrie[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Serena[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

If you can’t tell by my signature, I love [name]Serena[/name]! I think this rounds out your other two girl’s names of [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]. It keeps with the “S” theme but still sounds distinct, with her own personality.

Its a beautiful name