Thoughts on Solomon?

So I am expecting a [name_u]June[/name_u] baby if all goes well! What do y’all think of the name [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] if its a boy? I really love the meaning “peace” because after my last pregnancy I really need some peace rn.

4 Likes

Love.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]! I think he’s thoroughly under appreciated! And the nickname [name_m]Solly[/name_m] is too cute :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah I am in love with that nickname!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Sol[/name_u] and [name_m]Solly[/name_m] too (maybe even [name_u]Sonny[/name_u]!)

Solomon feels peaceful and serious, but the nicknames feel bold and fun. It’s a wonderfully versatile name (and I think it goes really well with your other boys too!)

5 Likes

Solomon is lovely. Deep, gentle and calming

3 Likes

I think [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] is a great really strong biblical choice and I like the nickname [name_u]Sol[/name_u]. [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] is really handsome.

1 Like

Solomon is very regal and meaningful! I met a boy with the name, and he wears it well!

3 Likes

Solomon is likely one of my very top 5 boys’ names ever. If my DH were on board… this would be the name for me for our number 3. [name_m]Alas[/name_m]… he has never come around despite bugging him about it for the past 7 years.

The meaning is perfect. The sounds are soothing. The nicknames are adorable. The Os are Os (I love this letter so much). It is the perfect length.

1 Like

I have a name like that, [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], that I’ve wanted to use since number 1.

1 Like

Solomon is so, so, so lovely - smart and strong, yet so gentle. [name_m]Solly[/name_m] is adorable!

1 Like

I don’t like it but it’s #415 in the US, so a lot of enjoy it

1 Like

Hi there.

I like it a lot. I think it’s one of those names that I kind of like the idea of more than the actual name. I love how its so old fashioned & that it has such a wonderful meaning. It’s strong & there’s no way it could be a girls name. (so many boy names get used for girls these days.) But the best part of [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] are by far the nns [name_u]Sol[/name_u] & [name_m]Solly[/name_m]. They’re both just charming & adorable.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really like the name [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], I think it’s very cute. I like [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] as well.

1 Like

You know what,I initially clicked on this thread to say Im not too fond of [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], but these replies have seriously made me reconsider that! I really do think its a nice name now, I like it!

2 Likes

If husband ever comes around to [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] I could see [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] working very well :wink:

1 Like

It is such a strong and handsome name! Wonderful meaning too!

1 Like

Solomon is such an amazing name, I’d say go for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh I love this!!

To me it seems like a more sophisticated [name_m]Simon[/name_m]

I think it’s a cute name :slight_smile: I graduated with a guy named [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] and he went by the nickname [name_u]Solo[/name_u] which really went with his outgoing personality