Thoughts on the name Calais???

[name]Calais[/name] is a a French place name which I have been in love with since I was a teenager :slight_smile:
Now hubby is giving me the chance to maybe use it for one of our triplets (if we have any girls) for a first name.

I’m most likely going to take the chance I have and use it if we have any girls. But I would like to know what you berries think of the name [name]Calais[/name] (just to see what others would think of it).

[name]Calais[/name] is pronounced ([name]Kal[/name]-lay)

By the way- from our last thread- New List for Triplets!!- we decided on a girl name combo we will use if we have more than 1 girl: [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Rue[/name]. What do you think of it?? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Rue[/name] is awesome! I’m not a big fan of Calais because it reminds me of a brand of car. It could be ok in the middle, though.

I adore the name [name]Lorelei[/name]. I wouldn’t touch [name]Rue[/name] right now bc of Hunger Games, but perhaps it will not bother you, esp in mn position. I think it will be the new [name]Grace[/name]. [name]Calais[/name] has a lovely sound :slight_smile:

[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Rue[/name] is really cute! Would you use a nn for it? I absolutely love most of its nicknames ([name]Lola[/name], [name]Rory[/name], [name]Lila[/name], etc.).

[name]Calais[/name]… I love its French feel but there’s something holding me back. It sounds very striking and sweet, though. I like that both names could have very short-and-sweet like NNs ([name]Callie[/name] and [name]Lola[/name], or whatever).

Good luck!

Thank you all for your comments!

@ashthedreamer- I’m not sure about nicknames- I think I would want to use the full names most of the time if I do though

[name]Lola[/name] and [name]Callie[/name] are nice but I like Lo and [name]Calla[/name] as nicknames a bit better :slight_smile:

I have always thought [name]Calais[/name] would make a very pretty name.

[name]Calais[/name] is beautiful and exotic. [name]Lorelei[/name] sounds very dull next to it

[name]Lourdes[/name] and [name]Calais[/name] make a better set

I love [name]Calais[/name] as a name for a little girl. As a huge fan of [name]Tudor[/name] history and lore, I have read so many books and novels where [name]Calais[/name] is the setting for mystery, intrigue, and romance. It played such an important role in the power struggles between [name]England[/name] and [name]France[/name] for a long time. [name]Calais[/name] as a name is such a unique choice and, who knows, may inspire in your daughter a love for French culture. Go for it!