thoughts on the name Kavanaugh

Hubby and I really like [name_m]Kavanaugh[/name_m] as the name for our baby boy.

Thoughts? We are planning on pairing it with a short simple middle name.

Any negative associations to the name or difficulties our son will have using it in everyday life?

Feedback is appreciated.

I love it spelled [name_m]Cavanaugh[/name_m]- so much classier and more handsome! [name_m]Kavanaugh[/name_m] looks like a “kreeativ” spelling you made up- I looked it up and found out it’s not, but obviously not everyone would do that.

Thanks for your reply. The “C” or “K” is still up for debate.

I’m with the pp. With a C, it’s great! Not so much with a K…

[name_m]Cavanaugh[/name_m]. I like it a lot.

I would highly recommend using the [name_m]Cavanaugh[/name_m] spelling. The “K” makes it look tacky. Other than that, it’s not my style but it’s a fine name.

I prefer the [name_m]Cavanaugh[/name_m] spelling too. I’m not personally a fan (I have a negative personal association with someone who had that last name), but that’s just me.

I think spelled with a “K” is ok but agree that the “C” makes it seem classic and by that extension classier. I don’t agree that selling it with a “K” makes it look made up but I rarely like nontraditional spellings.

It doesn’t sound like a name, just a surname.

[name_m]Kavanaugh[/name_m] College is school in my city, so I can’t really get past that =P. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any nicknames planned, or would you just use the whole name?

Thanks for all the feedback!

We’re in [name_f]Canada[/name_f], so I don’t think anyone here will know a college in [name_m]New[/name_m] Zealand. :wink:

Nickname will likely be Kav, [name_m]Kavan[/name_m], Kavi.

I know [name_m]Kavanaugh[/name_m] as a surname and a street name here in [name_m]Melbourne[/name_m], I think the C spelling looks more made up. The more I say it the more it sounds like it could be a great first name spelt either way, and I like the nn Kavi :slight_smile: Another nn could be [name_u]Van[/name_u]

I think of [name_u]Toby[/name_u] [name_m]Cavanaugh[/name_m] from Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars…

Me too, but I still really like this as a first name. I do prefer the “C” spelling over the “K”.

Thanks everyone!