Thoughts on the name Marlowe for a girl

[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] is great! The simple phonetic spelling [name_f]Marlo[/name_f] is probably my favorite aesthetically, but I also really appreciate [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]'s literary connection to poet [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]. The spelling [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] looks very odd to me, makes me think of marshmallows. :confused:

I love [name_u]Marley[/name_u] too. I honestly don’t know which name I love more so [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] nn [name_u]Marley[/name_u] seems like the best of both worlds to me!

Not a fan of last names for girls. I never like the old-fashioned [name_f]Marlo[/name_f] name either, though.

I love it. I taught a [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] (no e) in [name_m]Boston[/name_m] for a handful of years, she’s probably about 10 or 11 now. I never, ever connected her name with [name_u]Harper[/name_u] or [name_f]Harlow[/name_f], both names that strike me as trying to be cool, and Harpers seem to be eeeeeverywhere - along with Hazels. She was an only child -dark haired, creative, sweet and reserved and her parents were very intelligent, respected and genuinely nice. [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] was friends with a [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], and I never thought much of the two names being so different as each girl wore them well. I would totally use it - I just don’t see enough around to make it truly trendy, unless her sibs are very trendy names too. [name_u]Marley[/name_u] is a cute nn for when she’s young too!

[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] is cute and modern, I like it! I haven’t met one, but I have met a few [name_u]Marley[/name_u]'s and I thought the name suited them well. They were aged four-ten I believe.

IMHO the feminine version seems well suited atm to dropping the e: [name_u]Marlow[/name_u], which phonetically is similar to [name_f]Margot[/name_f] which is obviously a A-list Hollywood name at the moment.

[name_f]Marlo[/name_f] is a cute nickname, and looks gender neutral though does look and sound similar to [name_m]Milo[/name_m] which is quite male.

[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] with the e to me reads traditional English, and reminds me of most of an actor of the last century, “[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Lowe[/name_m]”