Thoughts on the name Marlowe for a girl

What are your thoughts on the name [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] for a girl? Have you met any Marlowes? I enjoy the potential nickname of [name_u]Marley[/name_u].

I love it! I think it’s cute, and I love nn [name_u]Marley[/name_u], too. So adorable.

I really like it!
To me it’s a cool name, but not overly used and obvious.
I like [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] better than [name_u]Marley[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]Marley[/name_u] (as a nn) better than [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]. I also prefer it without the e, though that’s just preference. It’s cute, just not really my style :stuck_out_tongue:

I really like [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]! I know the most adorable little girl named [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]. She has to be about 8 now, but she used to be on my dance team before I graduated. I much prefer [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] over [name_u]Marley[/name_u], which just reminds me of the sad dog movie.

I like [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] on a girl, though I prefer spelling [name_u]Marlow[/name_u]. I feel the additional e on the end looks unnecessary, although it has been growing on me lately.

[name_u]Marley[/name_u] is adorable too and it’s nice that you can use both.

I prefer the name [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] because generally I really like the low sound but [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] reminds me of a word in Bulgarian that has a really similar sound and means manky but that’s obviously a personal reason and if you like the name then go for it!

I really like [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], but I prefer it for a boy.

I really, really dislike it. It’s just another [name_u]Harper[/name_u]/[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] kind of name.

It’s not really my style anymore, though I believe that [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] used to be on my girls list. I prefer no E at the end, personally. I can only see [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] on a girl, so I would think it’s fine. I haven’t met any [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]’s, but I know a couple [name_u]Marley[/name_u]’s (both girls). However, I do agree with PP that said it’s another name like [name_u]Harper[/name_u]/[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] (very trendy sounding and will end up being dated).

I love it. It’s one of my all-time favorite names. :slight_smile: I think it’s adorable.

For me it tries just that little too hard to be cool… maybe the influence of my [name_m]Raymond[/name_m] [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] reading, I don’t know.

I think [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] is really cute, especially on a girl and it’s not as popular as [name_f]Harlow[/name_f]. I also like the spelling [name_u]Marlow[/name_u].

I like [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] for a girl a lot, it’s cute and cool at the same time. I’m not a big fan of [name_u]Marley[/name_u], personally. It’s a huge TV presenter’s name where I live and it’s too connected to him, for me. That’s personal, so you could definitely use it. It’s a good nickname for [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u].

It’s not really my style, but it’s cute (esp. [name_u]Marley[/name_u] as a nickname).

The only thing I would consider is: will it age well? [name_m]Will[/name_m] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] still be a fitting name when she is thirty or forty-something and working? Or when she’s somebody’s grandma? If you can answer yes, then I would say to go for it.

I really like it (& the nn [name_u]Marley[/name_u])! My one concern would be the multiple spellings - [name_f]Marlo[/name_f], [name_u]Marlow[/name_u], and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]. But if you are okay with that, [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] is a spunky, bright, gorgeous choice :slight_smile:

[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] is a beautiful name!! I have not met anyone named [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] yet, but I do know two girls named Arlow/Arlowe, which has a similar sound.

I love the name [name_u]Marlow[/name_u]/[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] (not sure on my preferred spelling).

I do not know any in real life, but I know several bloggers with daughters of that name. I find it very fashionable and charming. However, I’m not a personal fan of [name_u]Marley[/name_u].

I have to agree with boyandgirl, I really dislike it as a name boy or girl. There is a [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] (g) in my sons class and although she is a really spunky little lady, slightly [name_m]Tom[/name_m]-boyish with loads of confidence, I still can’t seem to warm to the name itself. I’m generally not a fan of unisex names though, that’s just my personal style. GL.

I know a 50 year old [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] and she wears it well. She has commented how much she likes her name - even when she was much younger. And she says everyone always remembers her! Give it a go if you like it.

Personally I don’t see the appeal of [name_u]Marley[/name_u], but that’s just my own style/preference.