Thoughts on the name Remedy?

The word “remedy” came up in a book I was reading recently, and I actually love it for a boy’s name. Thoughts?

1 Like

I like it! It has a nice meaning and sounds, even if I probably wouldn’t use it.

2 Likes

It’s nice! It sounds familiar thanks to its similarities to names like [name_u]Remy[/name_u], and the word isn’t a negative association. I’d personally keep it in the middle, I do think it’d be a brave choice as a first!

1 Like

I think it is too “cold remedy” or any other ailment as that is the first thing that came to mind so not a pleasant association IMO. Sorry.

5 Likes

Interesting choice. Not sure I’d ever use
It but as others say it has close ties and potential nn of [name_u]Remy[/name_u] so I kinda like it! [name_m]How[/name_m] have we not heard that name before.

1 Like

I agree with @WhiteGardenia, Sorry

2 Likes

It’s too medicinal for me, sorry.

1 Like

This is my daughters name! :slightly_smiling_face: We get tons of compliments on it.

Edit to add: Remedios is used in Spanish speaking regions as a name and has been for some time.

It’s sweet! I like the nn [name_u]Remy[/name_u] as well.

Nope, makes me think of cough syrup.

1 Like

I prefer just [name_u]Remy[/name_u] but Remedy is interesting and has a nice flow and meaning

I like the sound, but I can’t help thinking of medicine and illness. I think it would be hard IRL. I like @Greyblue’s suggestion of [name_u]Remy[/name_u], though!

1 Like

Sorry, I can only think about medicines…

It’s an interesting name! I like the nickname [name_u]Remy[/name_u].

Personally, I don’t like it. It’s associated very heavily with medicines, which puts me off the name itself.

It makes me think of drugs for some reason :flushed:

I’m not keen makes me think of old housewife remedies to get rid of colds that my Jewish Grandma would make & taste horrible!