Thoughts on the name 'Sunday'

What are your thoughts on the name ‘[name]Sunday[/name]’ either as a fn or mn. If you used it as a fn what would you use as a mn? If you used it as a mn what would you use as a fn? Also, what would you name siblings? Sorry, I saw this name posted on another forum and it has started to grow on me, just wanted to get some thoughts on it! Thank you!

I honestly like this name. However, I am of the strict belief that you should use month and day names only if the baby is born on that day or month.

(For instance, I love the name [name]August[/name] but won’t use it unless I have a baby boy born in [name]August[/name])

When [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman had her [name]Sunday[/name] on a [name]Monday[/name] I thought that was kinda hookie. Then again, for the most part, people won’t know when your birthday is. Though everyone will likely always ask her “So, were you born on [name]Sunday[/name]?”

[name]Hi[/name]! There was recently a thread on [name]Sunday[/name], and it may interest you: https://nameberry.com/nametalk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4300&hilit=sundae

I can see [name]Sunday[/name]'s appeal, and [name]Sunny[/name] is the first nickname that came to mind.

Sibling names for a [name]Sunday[/name]:

Girls:
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Darien[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Sawyer[/name] (S theme, though)
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]

Boys:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Winslow[/name]

I think that [name]Sunday[/name] could be an unexpected and offbeat middle name for a varitey of styles:

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]
Rosabel [name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] [name]Sunday[/name]

(I’d personally pair [name]Sunday[/name] with a feminine name.)

Good luck!

I don’t like [name]Sunday[/name] at all but if it was choice between [name]Maud[/name], [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Sunday[/name] then [name]Sunday[/name] would win.

As someone named after a month, I’d like to chip in. The only complaint I have about my name is that when it’s the month before and during “my month” I find it annoying because I am always thinking someone is talking to me, when really they are just making plans for the weekend. You have a natural radar for your name and whenever someone says it, your ears perk up. I waste a lot of time doing this at certain times of year. Also, I can attest that EVERYONE will ask your daughter if she was born on [name]Sunday[/name]. They will also recite the days of the week to her as if they are clever. As in, [name]Hi[/name], [name]April[/name], [name]May[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]July[/name].

I personally love the name [name]Sunday[/name]. I especially love the combination [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Rose[/name], which is the name of [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman’s daughter.

However, despite that I find the name beautiful, I do not think I would give any child of mine that name. Okay, so I’m only young and my ideas may change, but I couldn’t bring myself to name my child [name]Sunday[/name] (or any other day name) at this point.

I know a girl named [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name]. They often call her Sundz, though, haha.

I used to love this name!

I’m not a fan of copycat celebrity baby names.

I like this name but i like most day/month names (such as [name]January[/name] and Wedensday) but would never name my child this, i find them more suitable as middlenames then first. Im not good at making sibsets and such but i think most other posters did a good job!

I agree with most of the other posters. It’s a pretty word, but I would never use it, and I also hadn’t thought about how annoying it could be to hear it all the time and think people were talking to you. I’ve never liked day and month names in general, but I love [name]May[/name] and [name]June[/name] so perhaps it’s just the more unusual ones that bother me. My mum used to work with a man called Friday and it always stood out as a little odd.

I love, love, love this name…but it still screams [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman.

I love this name and am considering it for my daughter…but it bothers me that it has an association with [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman. [name]Do[/name] you think that if it is spelled Sundai, it will have the same association?