Thoughts on these Barnabas combos?

I’ve been playing around with [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] lately, since I’m not 100% set on the combos I’ve been considering… what are your thoughts on these? I’m leaning toward [name_u]Grey[/name_u] as a second middle (honor name), but that’s not 100% set yet.

Barnabas [name_m]Lion[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Eben[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Elihu[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_u]Adler[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Timo[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Adam[/name_m]

I also like [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m]; [name_m]Lion[/name_m] is also an honor name.

Any suggestions for combos that feel like these?

Thank you!

1 Like

Barnabas [name_m]Lion[/name_m] is brilliant! [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] is very charming

Barnabas [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] and [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] are brilliant too

1 Like

I agree with @Greyblue: [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] is incredible! It’s so strong and powerful.

1 Like

Oh my gosh! I think this is the first time I’ve seen [name_m]Timo[/name_m] on this site. [name_m]Timo[/name_m] has been in our top five for years, though I don’t think we’ll actually use it since there is a [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] in the family that neither of us really get along with.

Anyway, to your question: [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Timo[/name_m], [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m], and [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] all sound super handsome to me. I like that the middles have different sounds than the first, to be distinct. I actually like [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] better than the other way, but the initials BLA would put me off that. [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Timo[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], though, is awesome.

1 Like

Barnabas [name_u]Adler[/name_u] is awesome! I also think [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_u]Adler[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] and [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_u]Adler[/name_u] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] are perfect.

1 Like

Thank you, everyone! [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] seems to be a real hit! Thoughts on [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] as opposed to [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]/Barnabas [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m]?

I’m still quite partial to [name_m]Eben[/name_m], [name_u]Adler[/name_u], [name_m]Elihu[/name_m], [name_m]Timo[/name_m], and maybe even [name_u]Auden[/name_u]… but I still want to do some more looking, too.

@scottie491 - ahhhh, a fellow [name_m]Timo[/name_m] lover! I have loved him for a while now, isn’t he so cool?! That’s my hesitation, too; my sister’s ex is [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] so I don’t know that I really should, but I love him a ton. [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Timo[/name_m] and [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_u]Noah[/name_u] have actually been my top 2 contenders for a while, but I feel like they’re just “meh” but when I stop to think of [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Timo[/name_m] I remember how much I love him. :heart: Funny you say [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]… I just thought of him too! I guess his full initials (barring a name change with a husband) would be BLAR, so I don’t find that so bad, but it does look like it should spell something. :rofl:

@starless - thank you! I’ve been trying to find a home for [name_u]Adler[/name_u] for years… I do like [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_u]Adler[/name_u] a lot! Not 100% sure he’s “the one” yet but it sure does help to see some love for him! I think I almost like [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_u]Adler[/name_u] more, though?

2 Likes

Yes, [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_u]Adler[/name_u] separates those “L”s a little more! So handsome.

1 Like

Barnabas [name_m]Lion[/name_m] is adorable!

1 Like

Thank you! Going into this, [name_m]Lion[/name_m] was sort of a passing thought but with all this praise for it [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is super growing on me!

1 Like

Omg [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] is the best name I have heard in a long time!!! I used to have [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Linus[/name_m] in my UC and this is 10x improved. LOVE it.

1 Like

Ahh, thank you! [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Linus[/name_m] is handsome, too; I guess he doesn’t work quite so well with [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m], but I’m glad you like [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m]! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I have a brother named [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m], and it’s my kind of name, so I always wonder why it doesn’t get more attention. It seems to fit the [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]/Maximus subtrend nicely. Good to see it here :slightly_smiling_face: (His name DOES frequently get misspelled [name_m]Barnabus[/name_m].)
His mn is [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], and [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Adam[/name_m] makes me think most of that. But [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] is way cool. [name_f]My[/name_f] only concern might be that both names are uncommon, but [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] adds a classic.

1 Like

Ahh, thank you! [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] is super handsome. :blush: Since [name_m]Lion[/name_m] has so many lovely personal connections, I don’t mind that it’s so unusual, I think? Especially with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]… I love the reminder of [name_m]Aslan[/name_m] the [name_m]Lion[/name_m] (and the [name_m]Lion[/name_m] of [name_m]Judah[/name_m] he represents), and a nickname for my nephew is Lionheart… plus it sounds quite similar to my sister’s middle! So I sort of see it as an honor to all three of them. :heart: I honestly wasn’t a really feeling any special type of way about [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Lion[/name_m] before, but I’m coming to truly love him, especially with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]! I considered two other family names, [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_u]Grey[/name_u], but I think I like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] better with [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] and [name_m]Lion[/name_m]?

Out of curiosity, does your brother have a nn? I have liked [name_m]Barnes[/name_m] for a while, and like [name_m]Ben[/name_m] as a huge stretch, but I’m curious about a real-life [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m]. I’d LOVE to avoid [name_m]Barney[/name_m] if possible lol.

My mom HATED [name_m]Barney[/name_m], so when he was little they insisted he never be called that. Luckily for my parents, he doesn’t like it either :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
When we were little together, I called him [name_m]Barn[/name_m], and over the years some others have also. It seems as though [name_m]Barnes[/name_m] should work.

1 Like