Thoughts on These Crushes?

I’ve been reinventing my list a bit in the past couple weeks and months–what do you think of these names?

[name_m]Aubert[/name_m] (oh-[name_m]BEAR[/name_m]. I know it’s probably not the easiest to say, but I like him a lot!)
[name_m]Augustine[/name_m] “Auggie” (or potentially [name_m]Augustin[/name_m], but I’m loving [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] today)
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] (very popular, I know, but he has so much meaning to me, and I’ve loved him for ages. I like [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] a lot.)
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
Zephan

Other names on my list currently (for reference): [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_m]Reef[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Torin[/name_m], [name_m]Eoghan[/name_m], [name_u]Auden[/name_u], [name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_f]Aquila[/name_f], [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m], [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m], [name_u]Bailey[/name_u].

Thanks, berries!

[name_m]Aubert[/name_m] - This is so handsome!
[name_m]Augustine[/name_m] “Auggie” - Auggie is an adorable nickname but I really don’t like [name_m]Augustine[/name_m]. I much prefer [name_m]Augustus[/name_m].
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m] - I’m not a big fan of this one. I prefer [name_m]Collin[/name_m].
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] - It’s alright. I’ve never been a big fan of this name. [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] is a nice combo though, [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] brings some flair to [name_m]Daniel[/name_m].
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] - I really like this name. I do prefer it spelled without the E in the beginning, though.
Zephan - This is really cool! It sounds like a modern variation of [name_m]Stephan[/name_m].

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts:

[name_m]Aubert[/name_m] (oh-[name_m]BEAR[/name_m]. I know it’s probably not the easiest to say, but I like him a lot!)-I totally get you. My favorite boy name ever is [name_m]Colm[/name_m], but it’s just so difficult I’d be afraid to use it. It doesn’t make me love it any less. I kind of like this, despite the fact that I want to say ‘Aw-bert’. It’s distinguished & certainly unique. And you could do the nn [name_m]Bear[/name_m]!

[name_m]Augustine[/name_m] “Auggie” (or potentially [name_m]Augustin[/name_m], but I’m loving [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] today)-I think that Auggie is too cute. I like [name_u]August[/name_u] better, but [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] is kind of neat. Very regal. It’s different too.

[name_m]Cullen[/name_m]-Very handsome. It has a softer sound than [name_m]Colin[/name_m], which I like a lot. Less common as well.

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] (very popular, I know, but he has so much meaning to me, and I’ve loved him for ages. I like [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] a lot.)-It’s a beautiful classic name. I really don’t care for [name_m]Dan[/name_m] or [name_u]Danny[/name_u] though for some reason. They may be hard to avoid.

[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]-I’m not sure why I can’t get into this one, but it’s perfectly nice. I like [name_m]Ben[/name_m] a lot.

Zephan-I’ve never seen this name before, but it could grow on me. Zeph is fresh sounding.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Aubert[/name_m] (oh-[name_m]BEAR[/name_m]. I know it’s probably not the easiest to say, but I like him a lot!) - I really like this! It strikes me as one of those cutesy vintage/old man names, like [name_u]Alfie[/name_u].

[name_m]Augustine[/name_m] “Auggie” - Auggie is such a cute nickname! I prefer [name_u]August[/name_u], I think it’s simpler, but [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] is very handsome too.

[name_m]Cullen[/name_m] - really handsome and interesting, I like it!

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] - its popularity is a bit of a turn-off for me, sorry!

[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] - not my style, I think it’s a bit geeky (but not in the cute way).

Zephan - this is cool, rugged and unusual! [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] is a name you might like too

I think [name_m]Aubert[/name_m] & Zephan are interesting & unique.

I love [name_m]Rueben[/name_m], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Judah[/name_m] & [name_u]Everett[/name_u].

[name_m]Aubert[/name_m] - I like this. Unexpected sounds!

[name_m]Augustine[/name_m] - feels cool and philosophical

[name_m]Cullen[/name_m] - nice though a little too twilight for me. I prefer [name_m]Callan[/name_m], [name_m]Callahan[/name_m] or [name_m]Callum[/name_m]

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] - nice enough, especially since it has meaning to you

[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] - popular but understandably. Soft, gentle but masculine

Zephan -love the mix of gentleness and ruggedness in this name

Aubert is interesting, but I can’t see a kid as that. It’s nice but very scholarly.
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] doesn’t sound masculine enough for my taste because of the “ine”, unless you pronounced it “in”. It’s okay.
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m] I love. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t know why, it’s just perfect.
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] is a lovable name and I think will always be great no matter how common.
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] just doesn’t sound good to me. I think of the sandwich.
[name_m]Zephan[/name_m] is very unique, never heard that before. It’s pretty nice honestly.

Favorite: [name_m]Cullen[/name_m]. Like: [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_m]Zephan[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] it is very sweet

Daniel, i particularly love the combo [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]. I think it would be perfect for your list!

Augustine is very cute! So many cute nickname options too beside [name_m]Auggie[/name_m], I love the option of [name_u]Gus[/name_u] as a nickname too. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] as another option?

Aubert, think this would get pronounced incorrectly a lot of the time but I like the nickname option of [name_m]Bear[/name_m].

Zephan - I have never heard of this name before. I think it’s cute and unique.

Reuben I think is cute and love the nickname options of Roo or [name_m]Ben[/name_m].

I like [name_m]Aubert[/name_m] a lot. [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] is nice too.

I prefer some of the other names you listed at the bottom compared with the others, such as [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_u]Auden[/name_u], [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] and especially [name_u]Aquila[/name_u] which I have just added to my boys list too.

1 Like

I think you will have to correct people’s pronounciation of [name_m]Aubert[/name_m] a lot but I much prefer the oh-BEAR pronounciation than how I was initially going to pronounce it. If it was pronounced similar to [name_m]Albert[/name_m], I wouldn’t care for it.

I also love [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] and its other variations like [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] and [name_u]August[/name_u].

I prefer [name_m]Collin[/name_m] over [name_m]Cullen[/name_m]

I hadn’t been big on [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] in the past but I do like your [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m].

I like the softness of [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] but for some reason I’ve never decided if I like it.

[name_m]Zephan[/name_m] makes me think of [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] which I also like.

Overall I like [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] and [name_m]Aubert[/name_m] the most.

I also like many of the other names in your list like [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_m]Reef[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_u]Asa[/name_u], and [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]