Thoughts on these double names for a name change?

I know this site is mostly geared towards baby names, so I hope it’s alright to seek feedback for a name change.

I’m 23 years old, I live in the Southeastern US, and I’m changing my name. I’ve always loved double names, so I think I want one for myself. But I’m trying to put my own together instead of using one of the staples, because frankly I don’t like the name [name_m]John[/name_m] (which knocks out so many), and also I already have people in my life with most of the standards, and I’d like not to share my name.

My idea is to have a first name that I’d be comfortable using by itself (because although I want to use both, I know it can’t be helped that eventually someone will try to shorten it), plus a second name that honors someone. That plus trying to have a good flow between them has led to a lot of “traditional first name + traditional surname” combinations. But that works just fine for good ol’ [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Davis[/name_m], so I think it’s a fine structure for mine too, and might even help people say both.

Here’s what I’ve got so far. Let me know how you think they work, and thank you in advance.

[name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_u]Campbell[/name_u]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Shepard[/name_m]
[name_u]Campbell[/name_u] [name_m]Shepard[/name_m] ([name_u]Cam[/name_u] [name_m]Shepard[/name_m]?)
[name_u]Kay[/name_u] [name_m]Shepard[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] ([name_u]Ash[/name_u] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]?)

I think [name_u]Lee[/name_u] works really well in a double name. I prefer [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_u]Campbell[/name_u] as [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], being a word name, sounds like you’re saying “the shepherd” in [name_m]French[/name_m] :slight_smile:

[name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] is also nice

I like [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_u]Campbell[/name_u] and [name_u]Campbell[/name_u] [name_m]Shephard[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Cam[/name_u] [name_m]Shepard[/name_m]’

[name_m]Shepard[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] '[name_m]Shep[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] ’ or [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]’ came to mind

[name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_u]Campbell[/name_u]. It’s handsome, flows well, has the right rhythm to it.

Thank you for your thoughts! I didn’t think about [name_u]Lee[/name_u] coming off as [name_m]French[/name_m] le! But I’m not sure how concerned about it I am.

[name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_u]Campbell[/name_u] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] are pretty cool, solid names. I don’t think you should worry about this [name_m]French[/name_m] thing unless you live in a country with some enormous [name_m]French[/name_m]-speaking population.