Thoughts on these names?

I never really see these names being discussed anywhere and I was just curious what impressions people had of them. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like them? Why or why not? What kind of vibes do they give you? I’m not considering them for myself, but just curious!

[name_m]Dmitri[/name_m] (other spellings, et al.)
[name_u]Trace[/name_u]
[name_u]Wade[/name_u]
[name_u]Keaton[/name_u]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]

dmitri - love this one!! i’m partial to the dmitriy spelling but they’re all nice (: i mostly like it for the nn dima, but i know a very nice guy with this name who made me really like it !! it has a laid-back, very masculine vibe to me

trace - the sound is cool and definitely along the lines of chase, jace, etc. but i can’t see it as anything other than a word :sweat_smile:

wade - it’s nice! for me it’s one of those simple and familiar names that you don’t really think about, but find pleasant when you see them. maybe slightly dated-feeling but it could be because the only wade i know of is a little older

keaton - i’m surprised this one isn’t more popular, with its trendy sound! it’s not my style at all but i see the appeal. i guess one downside is the lack of nicknames?

alec - simple but cool, i know an alexander who goes by it and i think it’s nice, like a more unexpected alex! this is another one i’m surprised isn’t mentioned more often

1 Like

[name_m]Dmitri[/name_m] - Reminds me of the movie [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Russia[/name_f], cool, suave, maybe Russian-spy-esque
[name_u]Trace[/name_u]- never heard this, kinda cool, reminds me of [name_u]Tracy[/name_u], also spies… maybe I’m just in a spy mood
[name_u]Wade[/name_u]- reminds me of Elemental
[name_u]Keaton[/name_u]- reminds me of someone in hs band with a similar name tho I can’t remember what it is
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]- reminds me of [name_u]Alex[/name_u] Rider… who is a spy. Haha I like it, also Russian vibes, gives main character energy

1 Like

[name_m]Dmitri[/name_m] – Cool, traditional, strong, and friendly-sounding! I like the name a lot. I do think I would find it weird to meet a [name_m]Dmitri[/name_m] who didn’t have cultural ties to a country where the name is used, though.

[name_u]Trace[/name_u] – Cool and cowboy-esque, I totally see the appeal. I also like it as a nickname for [name_u]Tracy[/name_u] on a girl.

[name_u]Wade[/name_u] – [name_m]Just[/name_m] not for me, I’d say. I did have it on my list as a middle name at some point, because it reminded me of wading in water, but right now I’m not loving it.

[name_u]Keaton[/name_u] – I like [name_u]Keaton[/name_u]! I’m surprised it’s not more common, being a surname-name ending in -ton. It feels friendly and laid-back to me, but with a little bit of a professional edge.

[name_m]Alec[/name_m] – I like [name_m]Alec[/name_m]! It feels like Alex’s slightly more buttoned-up brother. I think [name_m]Alec[/name_m] is nice in that it’s familiar but not overused, and fits any personality.

[name_m]Dmitri[/name_m] → intriguing and distinctive

[name_u]Trace[/name_u] → I find it a bit wordy but in a weird way?

[name_u]Wade[/name_u] → pretty cool, sporty and breezy. Not a personal favourite but I prefer this to [name_m]Wayne[/name_m] and [name_m]Waylon[/name_m]

[name_u]Keaton[/name_u] → charming and cool - and I love the ‘Keat’ syllable (for nn [name_u]Keats[/name_u] or Keatsy)

[name_m]Alec[/name_m] → I like this variant a lot - that -c is very appealing and I like the literary link to [name_u]Maurice[/name_u]

[name_m]Dmitri[/name_m] - handsome! Sound wise it has the association with ‘meat’ (which I know is ridiculous) so it isn’t a favourite.

[name_u]Trace[/name_u] and [name_u]Wade[/name_u] feel ever so American, like [name_u]Jace[/name_u], [name_m]Chet[/name_m] and [name_u]Chase[/name_u]. Familiar, but haven’t been popular in the UK.

[name_u]Keaton[/name_u] is sweet, it’s my favourite on this list.

[name_m]Alec[/name_m] - makes me think of a jokester. What’s that expression, being a ‘smart Alec’? Aside from that it’s a little old-mannish but I like that :smile:

[name_m]Dmitri[/name_m] - definitely a strong guy, maybe kind of tough-looking, but kind.
[name_u]Trace[/name_u] and [name_u]Wade[/name_u] both remind me strongly of junior high in the early 2000s. Jokesters with hair gel.
[name_m]Alec[/name_m] feel like a more posh [name_u]Alex[/name_u]. I picture him in the [name_f]British[/name_f] countryside, maybe not suave but good company.

1 Like

[name_m]Dmitri[/name_m] - I like the simplicity of this spelling. I would be intrigued to meet a [name_m]Dmitri[/name_m]! It seems rather tailored and intelligent but also kind and approachable. I don’t know that I love it enough to use it, but I’d love to meet a [name_m]Dmitri[/name_m]!
[name_u]Trace[/name_u] - ehh does nothing for me. Makes me think of a country singer with lots of swagger but it also feels rather trendy. Oh, hah, I’m thinking of [name_u]Trace[/name_u] Adkins, aren’t I? :woman_facepalming:t3:
[name_u]Wade[/name_u] - I love [name_u]Wade[/name_u]! Reminds me of deep waters, steadiness, peace, and a good ole cowboy on his horse. I don’t know if I’d use [name_u]Wade[/name_u] because my style has changed since he was on my list, but I would love to know a little boy with this name. After all these years, I still love the combo [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] [name_u]Wade[/name_u].
[name_u]Keaton[/name_u] - eh, reminds me of [name_f]Diane[/name_f] [name_u]Keaton[/name_u]? I like something like [name_m]Ciaran[/name_m] or [name_m]Kilian[/name_m] or [name_m]Keir[/name_m] or [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] better.
[name_m]Alec[/name_m] - I like it more than [name_u]Alex[/name_u], but I could mostly leave it. Only nn for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] (variant, etc.,) that I’m seriously interested in is [name_m]Skandar[/name_m] and [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] (and sometimes Xander), unfortunately.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Dmitri[/name_m]. I think the Dm sounds is cool.
[name_u]Trace[/name_u] and [name_u]Wade[/name_u] don’t really appeal to me personally.
[name_u]Keaton[/name_u] has a nice sound. I like this name for others.
I also like [name_m]Alec[/name_m]. It’s a bit more interesting than [name_u]Alex[/name_u].

[name_m]Dmitri[/name_m] - [name_m]Eh[/name_m], I don’t really like it, the sounds are kinda unpleasant together imo and it’s not just because of the unusual d and m combination

[name_m]Trace[/name_m] - It’s ok, I can sort of see the appeal but it’s hard to imagine on anyone who isn’t a teenage boy

[name_m]Wade[/name_m] - Something about just seems super cool but also smart and polished, I definitely like it, though it might be a little too much for me to actually consider using

[name_m]Keaton[/name_m] - I feel pretty neutral, I sort of like the vibe but the sound isn’t my favorite

[name_m]Alec[/name_m] - I think I’d like it if [name_m]Alex[/name_m] didn’t exist but I find it kind of annoying that it’s so close to it but not