Thoughts on these

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a selection of names I’ve been thinking about recently.

[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] - a forever love. [name_f]Adore[/name_f] her heartbreakingly soft and ethereal gothic beauty.

[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] - just love the clunk and tomboyishness of this one.

Seona / [name_f]Shona[/name_f] - which spelling would you use? I adore the pretty, melancholic sound.

[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] - I love this, so pretty. [name_m]Way[/name_m] underused, imo.

[name_f]Bloom[/name_f] - definitely only middle name territory for me, but as the summer comes into full swing I’m loving the imagery and fun quirkiness.

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] - a bit of a deviation from my usual type, but drawn to this for some reason. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer this or the similar sounding but more traditional [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] / [name_f]Noella[/name_f]? (I don’t like Noa).

A whole host of peppy P names - [name_f]Penny[/name_f], [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] / [name_f]Peigi[/name_f], [name_f]Polly[/name_f], [name_f]Posie[/name_f], Pippa… as well as some of the longer ones, eg the gently beautiful [name_f]Paloma[/name_f], classical [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] or sturdy [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]. Which is your fave?

[name_f]Edda[/name_f] - sturdy and upright, I think this is my [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. I don’t like [name_f]Willa[/name_f] but for me this has the same feel. Also love [name_m]Ed[/name_m] on a girl.

[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] - with the prn YOO-zhen-ie. Not yoo-GENE-ie.

[name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] - just adorable. Makes me think of kitchen witchiness and cottage in the woods.

[name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] - just love the upright, super-sensible feel of this.

[name_f]Magali[/name_f] - simultaneously musical / lilting / sparkly sounding, yet with a clunky edge. [name_f]Adore[/name_f] [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]

[name_f]Elba[/name_f] - apparently has an eccentric, maiden aunt, fusty vibe, along with similar sounding names like [name_f]Melba[/name_f] and all the -Elma’s. But I think it’s pretty perfectly aligned with current trends and fits right in.

Aluma - meaning sheaf of grain at harvest, this evokes honeyed autumnal light for me.

[name_f]Osla[/name_f] - very rare from the Shetland Isles, and that’s what it evokes for me - a rugged, windswept, wild beauty.

Arianthe - Meshes the [name_m]Uber[/name_m] feminine [name_f]Aria[/name_f] with the offbeat [name_f]Ianthe[/name_f], with a very pretty result.

[name_f]Udele[/name_f] - how would you pronounce?

[name_f]Eula[/name_f] - just so peppy yet pretty. Another short, vowely one which fits into modern trends, but remains distinct with that strong and unusual first syllable.

[name_f]Franziska[/name_f] - I just find this so clunky-cool and fun - a zippier version of the more accessible [name_f]Francesca[/name_f].

I could go on but I’ll leave it there. As always, honesty welcome😊

Obvs, don’t feel obliged to comment on all

I have the day off as I go away this evening to decided to do all the names :see_no_evil:

[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] - I don’t hate this but I don’t like it. I like the idea of it, I like the look of it but the wenna sound is off putting to me. I adore [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] however.

[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] - it’s cute with a lot of NN potential. I personally find it a bit heavy with my accent & would probably stick to [name_m]Robin[/name_m] though.

[name_f]Shona[/name_f] - I used my preferred spelling. I love this, it’s cute but spunky, ages beautifully.

[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] - it’s not a name I’d use but I can definitely see the appeal it’s a lovely name, very on trend while still standing out.

[name_f]Bloom[/name_f] - I adore this in the MN spot as well. It’s fun & outgoing yet still sweet sounding.

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] - personally I don’t like [name_f]Nola[/name_f], I’m not sure why though. [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is a stunning name, [name_f]Noella[/name_f] however reminds me of Cruella, sorry :see_no_evil::joy: Personally my favourite No- name would be [name_f]Novella[/name_f] :heart:

P names - from the ones you mentioned love [name_f]Posey[/name_f] (spelt that way) & although not my normal style [name_f]Penny[/name_f] has been growing on me lately. With the longer P names my favourite would be [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], it’s beautiful, has an interesting history (IMO) yet is equally modern thanks to the jewellery line.

[name_f]Edda[/name_f] - personally this isn’t a name for me, I also don’t like names like Willa/Etta etc. though. [name_m]Ed[/name_m] is cute, but with so many Edwards/Ed- boys names running round I’d probably use [name_f]Edie[/name_f] as the NN.

[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] - I have so much love for this name except with the yoo-GENE-ie prn. & the nn [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] / [name_f]Genie[/name_f]. Regardless of the prn. it’s a stunning name, very sweet yet timeless.

[name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] - this is cute, very much fits the vibe you described. I prefer it as a nn for [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] but it’s perfectly fine as a stand alone.

[name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] - I continually go back & forth with this name, maybe because I dislike [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. I can’t picture this on a small child but as an adult in the workforce I think it’s a good solid name.

[name_f]Magali[/name_f] - simply stunning. Your description is everything I would say about this name perfectly.

[name_f]Elba[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Melba[/name_f] or [name_f]Alba[/name_f] although if I’m honest none are my style but [name_f]Elba[/name_f] is a perfectly fine name & very much on trend.

Aluma - I really like this, it’s different enough to stand out yet doesn’t feel OTT. The name itself is beautiful & the nn [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] would be adorable.

[name_f]Osla[/name_f] - beautiful name & feels like a fresher take on [name_f]Isla[/name_f] which while lovely is overused IMO. I automatically thought of Norway & the Norwegian mountains & fjords however your description is very much on point.

Arianthe - I’m adoring this name lately, the combination of [name_f]Aria[/name_f] & [name_f]Ianthe[/name_f] really is a breath of fresh air. The nn options are perfect as well.

[name_f]Udele[/name_f] - personally I’d probably prn it as Ud-ele or U-del like [name_f]Adele[/name_f]. It’s an ok name, I don’t hate it but it’s not appealing to me either.

[name_f]Eula[/name_f] - this feels very on trend yet a name that wouldn’t get lost in the crowd. I can’t say I overly like it but I can really see the appeal with this one more than some of the other on trend names.

[name_f]Franziska[/name_f] - I honestly can’t decide on this name. This is the first time I’ve come across it & I’m stuck between “but [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] was perfectly fine as it was” (I understand it’s a separate name but even still lol) & “omg I love it!” :see_no_evil::joy:

1 Like

[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] – Like this one a lot! Definitely an ethereal gothic vibe, as you said. However, I much prefer the ro-WHEN-uh pronunciation over the ro-WEE-nuh pronunciation.

[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] – [name_f]Adore[/name_f] this one! :heart: [name_m]Super[/name_m] underrated with so many lovely nicknames (Ro, [name_f]Bobbie[/name_f], [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], etc), and definitely due for a comeback!

Seona/Shona – I would use the [name_f]Shona[/name_f] spelling for a clearer pronunciation. This one isn’t my style, but I recognize that the soft sound could be appealing

[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] – So pretty!! A mix of [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], staying on trend but elevated!

[name_f]Bloom[/name_f] – I agree with saying that this one is definitely a GP or a middle name, but it’s very cute and spunky

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] – This one isn’t my style but I definitely prefer [name_f]Nola[/name_f] over Noelle/Noella, both names which I never could get on board with

P names – [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite here is the lovely [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] (esp with the cute nickname Pal!) [name_f]Polly[/name_f], to be honest, could also be a nickname for [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]. For Peggy/Peigi, I prefer the traditional [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] spelling

[name_f]Edda[/name_f] – This is cute! [name_f]Love[/name_f] it even more than [name_f]Willa[/name_f], and the [name_m]Ed[/name_m] nickname is lovely!

[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] – Personally, I like the yoo-GENE-ie pronunciation more. Very cute and vintage-y name with great nicknames!

[name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] – I much prefer this over the traditional [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]! [name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] is spunky and fresh, with a mystical cottagecore twist.

[name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] – Not my style, I’d go with the similar [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f].

[name_f]Magali[/name_f] – I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this one, but it’s lovely! Has a very lilting sound, as you said, which brings a lot of spunky personality to the name! (love nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] as well)

[name_f]Elba[/name_f] – Definitely aligned with [name_f]El[/name_f]- and -a name trends today, but all I can think is elbow…

Aluma – Cute! Makes me picture a ray of light piercing through the trees

[name_f]Osla[/name_f] – Not my style, but it’s nice! Definitely very winter-y feeling, with the cute nn of [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]?

Arianthe – Gorgeous!! [name_m]Super[/name_m] mystical/fantasy inspired and definitely combines the trendy [name_m]Ari[/name_m]- names with a more unique edge

[name_f]Udele[/name_f] – I would pronounce this as oo-DELL? I’d prefer [name_f]Adele[/name_f], personally

[name_f]Eula[/name_f] – [name_f]Love[/name_f] this one! Short and spunky with a clunky aspect as well

[name_f]Franziska[/name_f] – Not 100% sure if I’m pronouncing this correctly, but I love [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] so any variants are lovely! So many nicknames as well

1 Like

[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] → warm, mystical and earthy

[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] - clunky cool but elegant and the nicknames are so fun! [name_f]Bobbie[/name_f], [name_m]Bertie[/name_m], [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], [name_f]Ro[/name_f], Rett…

Seona / [name_f]Shona[/name_f] - serious but cool. I think spelling depends on where you are and how much you’d hate needed to correct it if you’re somewhere less familiar with the Se-as-Sh pronounciation

[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] - sharp and pretty - I like how it looks. Which pronunciation would you use for it?

[name_f]Bloom[/name_f] - it does make for a bright and floral middle and compliments lots of names well

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] - contemporary but with a hint of vintage too. It’s playful but solid. [name_m]Just[/name_m] to be contrary, I prefer [name_f]Noelia[/name_f] to [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Noella[/name_f] :grin:

The P names:
[name_f]Penny[/name_f] → cosy but bubbly
[name_f]Peggy[/name_f] → clunky cute
[name_f]Peigi[/name_f] → I’m guessing this is the Gaelic form? Is it pronounced the same or slightly differently?
[name_f]Polly[/name_f] → sweet and sassy
[name_f]Posie[/name_f] → pretty cute and stylish
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] → zippy and sweet
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f] → love the soft sounds, the meaning and flair
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f] → intriguing and bold!
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] → regal and clunky-elegant.

Over all, my fave is the lovely [name_f]Polly[/name_f], but I enjoy [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] a lot too! And [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] (my guinea pig’s name!) and [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] (a childhood fave!)

[name_f]Edda[/name_f] - strong and cool - but poetic too

[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] - it’s nice in theory, but after someone pointed out the eugenics thing I’m not sure

[name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] - warm and cosy but rugged too

[name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] - I like it - it does have that sensible, serious feel but with a hint of charm too. Plus, I firmly believe it can have the nickname Tansy/Tansi

[name_f]Magali[/name_f] - zippy and musical and fun - I like it

[name_f]Elba[/name_f] - reminds me a tiny bit of Elbow and I do wonder if people might ask about [name_m]Idris[/name_m] [name_f]Elba[/name_f] but it is kind of cool. I prefer [name_f]Ebba[/name_f] though

Aluma - intriguing and whimsical - and reminds me of a place I like

[name_f]Osla[/name_f] - ooh, rugged and lovely - enjoying this a lot

Arianthe - distinctive and powerful with a hint of floral too

[name_f]Udele[/name_f] - ood-uh-lee? not sure

[name_f]Eula[/name_f] - love it - such a cool sound

[name_f]Franziska[/name_f] - sharp and distinctive - I like it

1 Like

[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f], gwenna, osla , [name_f]Edda[/name_f] and [name_f]Elba[/name_f] are great favorites.

I love bloom as middle name :cherry_blossom::purple_heart:🩵 :star:

1 Like

[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] gives me Ravenclaw HP vibes which I love!

I’ve never seen/heard the name [name_f]Shona[/name_f] and I really like it! I’m a big fan of “sh” sound in names

[name_f]Osla[/name_f] & [name_f]Eula[/name_f] & Aluma are very pretty too!

I prefer [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] over [name_f]Franziska[/name_f] personally.

1 Like

rowenna–soooo gorgeous
roberta–i thought i was the only roberta fan left!! so glad to see her getting some love!
shona–I would go with this spelling, but it’s not my favorite from your list
aveline–my first real name crush. still so fond of her.
bloom–yesss, love her as a middle!!
nola–just makes me think of the geographic location? tbf idek what it actually means–I feel like it’s like northern louisiana or something like that?? i’m really not a fan of noelle or noella–for whatever reason, they just don’t sound good to me–so I guess I’d say I like nola best of those three.
penny, peggy, posie–literally the cutest! in a practical sense i’d probably use the long form as a name and then the short form as a nickname, but they’re so cute
paloma–so gentle and peaceful!
pandora–I’d definitely reserve it for a middle–strong associations with the music platform and the jewelry company!
philippa–yess, an underappreciated gem!
Edda–I much prefer [name_f]Etta[/name_f] (in my mind they’re pronounced the same, although I guess in a different dialect they might not be). it’s a very nice sound though!
Eugenie–love it, love the look and the sound!
gwenna–your vibes are so accurate. cute and very offbeat!
thomasin–it looks so pretty written out, but I’m not so sure about the sound
magali–just makes me think of the three magi :sob:
elba–cute!! able was i 'ere i saw elba! pretty sure it’s associated with ireland
aluma–i gotta say, just makes me wanna say aluminum
osla–very jewel-toned and cute! a character in The [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Code (about women breaking the enigma) is named this–her parents named her in honor of [name_m]Oslo[/name_m], Norway.
arianthe–love her!
udele–I’d say it like adele but with an oo at the beginning instead of an uh. it does have a certain elegance!
eula–never heard this one before!! super cute!
franziska–makes me think of franz ferdinand?? not the biggest fan

obviously some of these opinions are literally just associations i make, not objective fact, but just wanted to give the full picture, at least as I saw it!

1 Like

Thank you for your detailed thoughts. Nice to see someone else who loves [name_f]Shona[/name_f] as I never really see it talked about. I agree totally re [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] & [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]. Re [name_f]Nola[/name_f], No one could be more surprised than me that I do like it! It’s not typical for me and I dislike similar names eg [name_f]Lola[/name_f]. Im just drawn to it, for some reason. And yes, I defs see what you mean re [name_f]Noella[/name_f] :joy:, I do think I prefer the more streamlined [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]. [name_f]Penny[/name_f] is a decent grower for me also. I totally get [name_f]Edda[/name_f] being divisive, I actually don’t like [name_f]Willa[/name_f] at all but admittedly it has very similar vibes, I guess it’s the boys nn + a thing. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] to hear someone else who adores [name_f]Magali[/name_f], I understand it’s extremely dated and unfashionable in [name_f]France[/name_f] but for me the sounds alone are so sparkly yet the clunkiness grounds it, I absolutely adore it. Also lovely to see someone appreciate Aluma as I really love it but feel alone in that, it’s not even listed on here, I don’t think many people know about it. It’s also unsurprising you can fjord imagery from [name_f]Osla[/name_f] from [name_m]Oslo[/name_m] and just the general Scandi sound, I believe on Shetland and Orkney there is much surviving Norse influence in place names and names for obvious reasons.
Haha, and I get you on [name_f]Franziska[/name_f], same :joy:

Thankyou for your comprehensive reply!

Oh, I adore [name_f]Rowenna[/name_f], she’s one of my top faves. I would defs always prn this [name_f]Rowenna[/name_f], [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] would be Ro-ween-a. I began by liking [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] but then went off the -wiener sound, then I fell in love with this softer option.

Yeah re [name_f]Roberta[/name_f], I just find her so appealing. Not even sure why… it’s perhaps a mix of the clunk and the tomboy vibe. I also agree re [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] - she defs has something [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] doesn’t, and for me feels more offbeat classic and distinctive than [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], which feels trendy like all its variants [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] etc.

[name_f]Paloma[/name_f] is beautiful isn’t it, there’s just something about it’s flow which is softly stunning. [name_f]Peigi[/name_f] I believe is Scottish and is prn Paygy. I’m with you on preferring [name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] to [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], I’ve never really liked or understood the fuss about [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], it feels nondescript to me and I’m also not a fan of longer forms eg [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], which just feel unwieldy. But for me [name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] strikes the perfect note between, I love her.

Nice to see some more love for [name_f]Magali[/name_f] which I adore. She’s just so effervescent and the slight clunk from the [name_f]Mag[/name_f]- start and the potential for [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is great, I’ve never seen a name combine such sparkly and liquid sounds with a hint of clunk quite so successfully as this.

I get exactly the same imagery from Aluma with golden light, how cool. I also agree that [name_f]Osla[/name_f] feels wintry. Agree re Arianthe and [name_f]Eula[/name_f] - in fact writing them out together I think they’d make great sisters!

Thankyou once again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts. I defs think what you’ve said re Seona / [name_f]Shona[/name_f] spelling would need taken into account, that’s sensible. For [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] I’d use the -line rather than -leen pronunciation, I’ve never heard it pronounced any other way tbh but that’s what feels intuitive to me, I don’t like it the other way.

I think [name_f]Peigi[/name_f] is prn Paygy, though I’m happy to be corrected by someone who knows better. I’m a recent convert to [name_f]Polly[/name_f] and I’m really enjoying this one.

I totally get that particularly reservation re [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] because I held it myself for a long long time. But I just can’t help loving it.

Ha - I’d never thought of elbow re [name_f]Elba[/name_f] but you’re the second person to mention so now I can’t unsee it :see_no_evil::joy: never mind, there are a million other beautiful similar names, inc the lovely [name_f]Ebba[/name_f].

Nice to see someone else appreciating [name_f]Osla[/name_f] - she’s a beauty.

1 Like

Ooh, forgot to mention - I think [name_f]Udele[/name_f] is yoo-dell (or yoo-della), though it might be one of those with several accepted pronunciations. Yoo-dell is what I’d default to.

Thankyou! Some of your very favourites are consistent with some of mine - namely [name_f]Rowenna[/name_f], [name_f]Osla[/name_f] and [name_f]Edda[/name_f] :blush:

Oh, totally see what you mean re [name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] :blush: thankyou. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to have introduced you to a new name you like :blush:

[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] is heartbreakingly beautiful isn’t she. And yay re [name_f]Roberta[/name_f], it seems there are more of us than we realised! I teresti g that [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] was your first name crush too :blush:
I see what you mean re [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], I think it would be brave (or foolhardy) to use as a first, my overriding association is the Pandora’s box story, not a great association in most peoples minds.

Lol, fair enough re [name_f]Magali[/name_f] and Aluma :joy:.
Nice to see some love for [name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] (defs cute) and [name_f]Osla[/name_f].

Thankyou for your thoughts :blush:

I would say [name_f]Udele[/name_f] as you-dell but wouldn’t be surprised to be corrected to oo-dell.

I have a bad personal association with [name_f]Nola[/name_f] so its hard for me to gauge how I feel about it but I think I like for other people. I would probably rank [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] slightly above [name_f]Nola[/name_f] but [name_f]Nola[/name_f] is definitely above [name_f]Noella[/name_f].

I like the look of Seona better but would not automatically pronounce it the same as [name_f]Shona[/name_f]. Initially I read them Seona=see-oh-nuh rhymes with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Shona[/name_f] as show-nuh but then I realized it could also be see-on-uh or [name_f]Shawna[/name_f]. I like the way any of these sound and I like the look of Seona but if it isn’t a familiar name where you live it might be a bit confusing to use irl.

I like all of the P names you listed, [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] is probably my favorite.

[name_f]My[/name_f] faves:
[name_f]Peggy[/name_f]
[name_f]Osla[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Thomasin[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwenna[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts:

Rowenna-I’ve only ever seen [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], but maybe they’re said differently? I say [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] with a long ‘e’ & [name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] feels more like a short ‘e’. It is really cool & unique. Not sure if you like the nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], but the possibility of that would be my favorite part of this. And the nature connection to the [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] tree. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s apparently Welsh & has nothing to do with the tree… :blush:

Roberta-I’m not a fan of this one. It’s just a little too clunky for me & feels dated.

Seona/Shona-Are you looking for Show-nuh? [name_m]Or[/name_m] Shaw-nuh? I guess either way [name_f]Shona[/name_f] makes more sense. It’s not my favorite, but it’s not unpleasant.

Aveline-Ooh, that is pretty. I love [name_f]Ava[/name_f] & [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] & I love [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]. I should probably consider this name more!

Bloom-Yeah, definitely cool as a middle. I also like the Yiddish version of [name_f]Bluma[/name_f].

Nola-I definitely like [name_f]Nola[/name_f] more than Noelle/Noella. I don’t love it, but I love [name_f]Nuala[/name_f], so go figure.

I like [name_f]Penny[/name_f], [name_f]Peggy[/name_f], [name_f]Polly[/name_f], [name_f]Posie[/name_f] & [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] all as nns. [name_f]Posie[/name_f] I prefer [name_f]Posy[/name_f] & I like it as a nn for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] is gorgeous & I like [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] nn [name_f]Polly[/name_f]. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] nn [name_f]Polly[/name_f] also work, as well as [name_f]Penny[/name_f]. I don’t love [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], but [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] seems too nick-name-y on its own. Not sure I love the sound of [name_f]Peigi[/name_f].

Edda-I don’t know. It is a similar style as [name_f]Willa[/name_f], but just feels harsher & clunkier. I’d prefer [name_f]Etta[/name_f] if anything.

Eugenie-The pronunciation is tricky, but it’s okay. It’s different, but not my style.

Gwenna-Totally see her in a cottage kitchen in the woods being witchy! That’s fun. I love [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] more, but this is nice as well.

Thomasin-I think I could get on board with this as a MN.

Magali-Yeah, that’s really fun.

Elba-Hm. It does sound sweeter & spunkier than [name_f]Melba[/name_f]. I think I’d prefer [name_f]Elva[/name_f] maybe.

Aluma-Cool meaning!

Osla-Ooh, that’s neat. I like [name_m]Oslo[/name_m] for a boy, & this is just as lovely.

Arianthe-That’s cool. I like the ‘thee’ ending.

Udele-Oo-dell? Not that pretty to me.

Eula-I like [name_f]Ella[/name_f] & I like [name_f]Lula[/name_f], so I should like this, but just not into the ‘yoo’ sound.

Franziska-It’s different. I do love [name_f]Franny[/name_f]. The ‘k’ & ‘z’ combo feels a little harsh for my tastes.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think where I’m from pronunciation is Seona would be an issue - that said, you never know!

I love your selection of faves, particularly [name_f]Peggy[/name_f], [name_f]Osla[/name_f] and [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] :blush:

Thankyou

1 Like

Yes spot on, [name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] with the short e. Similar to other names such as [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], [name_f]Lowenna[/name_f]. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] (though I do feel it’s not too tenuous as a nn), but I do adore the cute and witchy [name_f]Wenna[/name_f] as a short form :blush:

Seona is Scottish. So its the partially anglicised spelling, between the Scots Gaelic [name_f]Seonaid[/name_f] and the fully anglicised [name_f]Shona[/name_f] :-). Seona is my preferred spelling as it’s a half way house between still nodding to heritage, but also easier for those not familiar with [name_f]Seonaid[/name_f] / [name_f]Seonag[/name_f]. But, the [name_f]Shona[/name_f] spelling is nice too, and it’s good there exists an option that eliminates any pronunciation ambiguity for those unfamiliar with the name.

I also like [name_f]Bluma[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I know what you mean re [name_f]Peggy[/name_f], I love it but I don’t know if I’d use as a stand-alone, and like you I’m not a fan of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].

I also love [name_f]Elva[/name_f] :slight_smile: I prefer it to [name_f]Elba[/name_f], but [name_f]Elva[/name_f] has been on my list a long time so [name_f]Elba[/name_f] is the one I’ve been recently thinking about.

I’m loving the appreciation of [name_f]Magali[/name_f], [name_f]Osla[/name_f], Arianthe and Aluma :blush:

I totally get you re the harshness of [name_f]Franziska[/name_f] because that’s why it appeals to me :joy: but I totally get that would be the same reason others don’t like it.

Thankyou for your thoughts :blush: