Thoughts on this name...

[name]Brighton[/name].

I noticed this site has it listed for female only, however, hasn’t it been a BOYS name primarily? I can think of two tv shows with boys named [name]Brighton[/name] on it.

What do you guys think?

I dont think that [name]Brighton[/name] is a particularly girly name at all. I think it is one of those (few) true unisex names (like [name]Taylor[/name] or [name]Jordan[/name]). While [name]Brighton[/name] is not my personal taste, if you love it and want to use it for a boy I think its fine. It doesnt seem particularly girly to me at all- best of luck! :slight_smile:

It can certainly be used for a boy. On paper, it appears to be truly unisex. In reality though, the [name]Brighton[/name] jewelery line will lend itself towards the feminine vibe (at least in my mind). Good luck!

I know a boy named [name]Brighton[/name] and I love the name for a boy. On other sites, its listed as a boy’s names and not a girl’s. Good luck!

When I think of [name]Brighton[/name], I think of [name]Boston[/name] ([name]Brighton[/name] is a neighborhood there, where [name]Boston[/name] College is, etc.) and I always think of [name]Boston[/name] as being a boys name (I think he is [name]Kurt[/name] Russells son) so I always associate [name]Brighton[/name] with masculine. The more I’ve typed [name]Brighton[/name] and thought about it, its really growing on me! :slight_smile:

I like it better for a boy than for a girl :slight_smile: .

I think of [name]Brighton[/name], [name]England[/name]–cool place.

Definitely a boy in my opinion. The only time I’ve ever heard it is on “[name]Bright[/name]” from Everwood.

I too think [name]Brighton[/name] sounds more masculine.

I think this a great name!! I would use it for a first name/middle for a boy and only as a middle for a girl ( I love unisex middles for girls). What I know about [name]Brighton[/name] - there is a song “Rumble in [name]Brighton[/name]” by the Stray Cats and a New [name]Brighton[/name] State [name]Beach[/name] in the [name]Santa[/name] [name]Cruz[/name] area of [name]California[/name]. The above gives the name a rockabilly surfer vibe to me, which definitely is more boy.

[name]Brighton[/name] is definitely all boy to me, too. I think of [name]Brighton[/name] [name]Sheffield[/name] from “The [name]Nanny[/name].”
:slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] it, think straight away of [name]Brighton[/name] in [name]England[/name]. Actor [name]Jon[/name] Favreau ([name]Pete[/name] from Friends) named his daughter [name]Brighton[/name] [name]Rose[/name] so I associate it as a girls name.

I’m not a fan of masculine names on girls, so personally I would prefer it on a boy. I’m not that keen on it even so, though … I think of [name]Brighton[/name], [name]England[/name], a fun, cheap seaside resort, but not really somewhere you would name your child after.

I would have to say it could only be considered a boy’s name and not one that in general would find any popularity.