Thoughts on this name?

What does everyone think of the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f]? [name_m]How[/name_m] popular is it where you live? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it is a name someone could have through their whole life? What is your favorite middle name for [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! Itā€™s pretty high on the SSA charts, but I donā€™t believe that Iā€™ve ever come across one in real life. And I hear/meet tons & tons of little kids. I also think that [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is a perfect example of a name that works really well on any age. Itā€™s elegant, old fashioned, yet cute & spunky on a little tyke.

A few mn ideas areā€¦

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] Adeilne

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]-Ooh, love that too!

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. [name_f]Celestial[/name_f], magical yet with vintage charm

Some of my favourite middle names include

Stella Beatrix
Stella Indigo
Stella Marigold
Stella Francine
Stella Elise
Stella Juliet

I think itā€™s absolutely lovely, but yeah,very popular. I can definitely see it ageing well.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! I know two kids named [name_f]Stella[/name_f], but they are 11-14 years in age, so probably wonā€™t be a problem. I think [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is a really beautiful name, and I would love being named [name_f]Stella[/name_f].
Middle names:
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Angelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is really cute, but unfortunately thatā€™s one of my dogs namesā€¦ so thatā€™s what if always think of.

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! I love the sound, I love the meaning. I donā€™t think itā€™s particularly common here in the UK :thinking: although I donā€™t spend much time around kids. Iā€™ve met one, several years ago. She was a young child but would be a teenager now. I definitely think it works on any age. I think it works with a lot of different styles of middles too, itā€™s very versatile!

Hmmā€¦

In theory I should like the name [name_f]Stella[/name_f] itā€™s spunky, bright and has a sweet vintage flair. I personally donā€™t know anyone called [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. So it feels unique BUT I also strongly associate the name with this cheap beer that is popular in the UK [name_f]Stella[/name_f] Artois and I canā€™t get passed this association so I wouldnā€™t use it.

2 Likes

Stella is a lovely name! Iā€™ve never met anyone called stella before. It fits in well with the popular ā€˜spaceā€™ themed names like [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Elara[/name_f] etc that are popular at the moment. It also fits well with the popular ā€˜Lā€™ names like [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f] but feels more unique.
The only thing that would put me off personally is that Iā€™m from the UK and there is a very well-known cheap beer brand called ā€˜[name_f]Stella[/name_f] Artoisā€™. But that wouldnā€™t be a problem if youā€™re not from the UK. Overall, I think [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is really lovely and would definitely suit a baby, child, teen, adult and older person.
Middle names I would choose:
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]/Evangelina

2 Likes

Iā€™m not the biggest fan myself (all that ever comes to mind is the scene of [name_m]Marlon[/name_m] [name_m]Brando[/name_m] yelling it in Streetcar) but I do think it has a beautiful meaning and is totally wearable as a name. I also think itā€™s a lovely nickname for the slightly more out there [name_f]Stellamaris[/name_f].

Some ideas for middles:
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]

Thereā€™s a 3 year old [name_f]Stella[/name_f] who lives down the street. Sheā€™s the only one Iā€™ve ever met. Itā€™s a sweet name, means star in Latin/Italian.

Ideal mns would be old fashioned, feminine but not too frilly girl names.
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Fiorenza[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! The charts say itā€™s popular but I only know one [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! I think itā€™s cute and spunky but not cutesy! Itā€™s been on my list for a while!

I see it on TV every now and again, but Iā€™ve never met anyone with the name.

Stella [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]

It seems like a popular name but Iā€™ve only ever met one person named [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and sheā€™s probably about 15 now. For some reason, Iā€™ve personally never liked the name, but in theory itā€™s pretty sounding

Stella is pretty! In my mind [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is a word name so I prefer something non-wordy to go along with it, like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

Every time I hear [name_f]Stella[/name_f] I can only think of that one scene in the movie ā€œOver the Hedgeā€ and canā€™t help but laugh.

1 Like

I am a teacher and see common names a lot. I have only ever taught two Stellas and it was different years. I donā€™t think it is AS popular as names like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], which I have taught a lot.

Middle name options:

Stella [name_u]Rae[/name_u]

Iā€™ve never met a [name_f]Stella[/name_f] - I really like the name! How I Met Your Mother fans will quickly associate the name with a not-so-great character, but I wouldnā€™t let that stop you!

1 Like

I want to love [name_f]Stella[/name_f], but it just sounds harsh and sharp to me, especially next to its cousin [name_f]Estella[/name_f]/Estelle. I do know one little girl called [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

1 Like

I have never encountered the name in real life