Thoughts on This Sibset?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] these siblings names go together okay?

[name_f]Alaira[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

3 Likes

[name_f]Alaira[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] really feels left out!! All of the rest of the names feel super classic and evergreen, while [name_f]Alaira[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] feels very trendy and modern!!

Here’s how I’d adjust:

To change [name_f]Alaira[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] to make her more classic:
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Alaira[/name_f] is lovely but she does feel a little out of place with the rest of the sibset. As @winterlyricalfox said she’s quite modern & trendy compared to the others classical vibe.

Yes, these siblings names go together okay.

[name_f]Alaira[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] stands out a bit because [name_f]Alaira[/name_f] is not as familiar to me as [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] or [name_m]Paul[/name_m] and I would expect a traditionally feminine middle name But I think neither of these points form a real problem.

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] create a very well balanced set. They sound great together.

[name_f]Alaira[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] stands out. [name_f]Alaira[/name_f] is not timeless or old-fashioned like the other first names. I agree that it sounds quite modern. At the same time, considering that [name_f]Marie[/name_f] is one of the most common feminine middle names, I wouldn’t expect [name_f]Frances[/name_f] Marie’s sister to carry [name_m]James[/name_m] as a middle name.

[name_f]Alaira[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] feels like the odd one out, she feels more modern and romantic. Whereas [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] have a more mid century vibe.

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m], and [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] make a wonderful sibling set! They feel classic, friendly, and totally darling together!!
[name_f]Alaira[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] feels much more modern and trendy and therefore stands out for me. I like her flow but she just seems like a very different style then the other names.

[name_f]Alaira[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] stands out a bit - contemporary and unisex compared to the very classic, slightly dated vibes of the others (which do all fit well)

I think they go together well!!

I agree with maybe the first name standing out, but not a bad thing — I’m in a similar dilemma myself.

[name_f]An[/name_f] idea to balance out the names more. Maybe changing [name_f]France[/name_f] to like [name_f]Franci[/name_f] or [name_f]Francine[/name_f] to fit with alaira (not sure how to change [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] or [name_m]Paul[/name_m] to give it that same style as alaira.)

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] names though!!’ I love a good timeless classic name but also like trendy uncommon names. I love it

I quite like it actually, I don’t mind that [name_f]Alaira[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] has a very different vibe to the other names, it’s a beautiful name!!