Thoughts on Tierney

[name]Hi[/name] all

So I’m seriously name crushing on [name]Tierney[/name] at the mmoment. I heard it months ago and I just can’t seem to let it go. I normally gravitate towards classical names so it would probably go in the mn spot but any thoughts/impressions on this name? [name]Love[/name] it, hate it have you ever met anyone named [name]Tierney[/name]?

Hmm, I think it’s cute. It’s nms, but it’s not bad at all. It just makes me think of the actress [name]Maura[/name] [name]Tierney[/name], from ER, which is not a bad thing at all.

It reminds me of tyranny so I have never liked it much.

I actually went to college with a girl named [name]Tierney[/name]! She wore it really well. She was smart, a bit quiet, but still friendly and had a bit of a spunkiness to her, sort of sporty. She was African American, so I automatically think of an African American girl, but I think it could work on any nationality.

I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Tiernan[/name] for a boy, and while [name]Tierney[/name] is just as unisex, it works a lot better for a girl, imo. :slight_smile: Maybe it’s because of the girl I went to school with.

Good luck!

It is not my style really, but I think it would be fine for a middle name. I kind of agree with the PP and think of tyranny;) I do think it would be a good middle name choice vs. a first.

I’m editing because I forgot I was in the girls forum when I posted >.<

I like Tierney or Tiernan on a boy, not a girl.

I know a woman in her late 40’s named [name]Tierney[/name]. She isn’t exactly my favorite person so I’d never use the name myself but I think it’s a sweet name in and of itself. The name sounds distinctively feminine to me, but that’s probably because the only bearer I know is female.

Strikes me as Old Hollywood/[name]Gene[/name] [name]Tierney[/name], comparable to [name]Harlow[/name], I think I like it.

I like it! I’ve considered it for a middle name slot too. It sounds like a “cool girl” name to me.
Best wishes!

I think [name]Tierney[/name] is really cute! and totally wearable on a child or an adult. Such a beautiful name that’s underused
Because of it’s unisex nature, I would use a girlier name in the other spot. Like, if the first name was [name]Tierney[/name], then I’d use slightly girlier middle name. And vice versa.