Thoughts on Truman?

What are your thoughts on the name [name_m]Truman[/name_m] and what kind of vibe do you get from the name?

Siblings are [name_m]Hudson[/name_m] and [name_f]Anne[/name_f] McCall who just goes by McCall. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Truman[/name_m] fits ok with their names?

Also which middle do you like better? Both middle names are family names as well.

[name_m]Truman[/name_m] [name_m]Jesse[/name_m]
[name_m]Truman[/name_m] [name_m]Lee[/name_m]

Thanks!

I think the name pairs nicely with [name_m]Hudson[/name_m] & [name_f]Anne[/name_f] (McCall). I would say that it’s one of those rare, older fashioned names, but that’s my opinion. It’s your baby, it’s your opinion that counts. I personally would prefer [name_m]Truman[/name_m] [name_m]Jesse[/name_m] over [name_m]Lee[/name_m]. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped! Congratulations on your little one!

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Truman[/name_m] and think it pairs perfectly with [name_m]Hudson[/name_m] and McCall!

I’m kinda liking [name_m]Truman[/name_m] [name_m]Jesse[/name_m] from your mn options.

[name_m]Truman[/name_m] has a chilled vibe, friendly and approachable, but down to earth too. I could see it suiting various kinds of people though.

I prefer [name_m]Truman[/name_m] [name_m]Jesse[/name_m]!

I will always think of the movie The [name_m]Truman[/name_m] Show, so to me it gives off the same happy go lucky vibes, optimistic as the character. Not a bad association at all!

I also prefer [name_m]Truman[/name_m] [name_m]Jesse[/name_m], but be ready; his friend might call him TJ instead!

2 Likes

I get trustworthy, old-fashioned, hardworking, and handsome vibes from Truman - and it goes so well with your two others (plus similar structure as Hudson and has Anne in the name). Definitely think of The Truman Show too, which is a fave movie.

I would :100: choose Jesse. I think it flows better, and with Lee, it’s a little (unintentionally) on the nose for me: “True Manly McCall”.

[name_m]Handsome[/name_m], underused gem :heart: Would go wonderfully with your kids names

[name_f]My[/name_f] main associations with [name_m]Truman[/name_m] are [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Truman[/name_m], [name_m]Truman[/name_m] Capote, and The [name_m]Truman[/name_m] Show. I think I would like it much more if not for the president association as the atomic bomb connection sort of ruins it for me. That said, I’m an American with a strong interest in history, so it might not strike most this way. It has a “bookish with a bit of mischief” vibe for me.

I really like it with the sibling names – it fits well between the more common H and the rarer M. [name_m]Truman[/name_m] [name_m]Jesse[/name_m] would be my pick from the middle name suggestions.